5100 vs 7100, oil change

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
12-15 ft lbs is plenty for both the filter and drain plug..

Went with a torque wrench and followed the manual for both of those. I seem to recall some sort of reading about the drain plug text being wrong, and you oughta set it lower lest you risk a cracked pan or something, and set it a few ft-lbs lower accordingly.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Went with a torque wrench and followed the manual for both of those. I seem to recall some sort of reading about the drain plug text being wrong, and you oughta set it lower lest you risk a cracked pan or something, and set it a few ft-lbs lower accordingly.

The manual calls for 30 ft lbs.

I have the exact same drain bolt, in an aluminum block in my Yamaha F150 HP Outboard engine. That SAME BOLT, calls for 20 ft lbs..

Double click to enlarge;

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
The manual calls for 30 ft lbs.

I have the exact same drain bolt, in an aluminum block in my Yamaha F150 HP Outboard engine. That SAME BOLT, calls for 20 ft lbs..

Double click to enlarge;

I set it to like, 25 or 26 so I'm not too worried. Definitely not anywhere close to as tight as how the previous owner had tightened it...

Love@FirstRide

Reaction score
Visit site
Just switched from Mobile 1 i put in when i got the bike to the Mutol 7100 and wow the shifting IS SMOOTHER! I'm very very happy i did this. with a k and n oil filter was 62 shipped.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just switched from Mobile 1 i put in when i got the bike to the Mutol 7100 and wow the shifting IS SMOOTHER! I'm very very happy i did this. with a k and n oil filter was 62 shipped.

Yepper! Now, if you hold in the clutch lever for 4-5 seconds before going from neutral to first gear, You'll lessen the gear clunk as well.

I have my idle set at 1,100 so the first gear clunk is negligible...

ErikNYC

Reaction score
Visit site

Good to hear.

Check out revzilla for you oil, about $35 shipped. And eBay is about 12 shipped for the filter.