Productive Morning

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
Got the Mobil1 Racing 4T drained out and replaced with Motul 7100 and a new KN oil filter.. Going to be about 110° heat index and muggy as hell today - so I am happy to have got this done!

What do you guys think of the Motul 7100? More I read about it the more I like. I guess only time will tell..

BTW - CycleGear has this on sale for $9.99 per quart.. I got it shipped to me since the closest one is over an hour away.. (choose 10w40 option to see $9.99 sale price) MOTUL - 7100 Synthetic Motor Oil - Semi-Synthetic - 4-Stroke Oil - Oils - Parts - Cycle Gear

87A26B1E-CCBA-4A15-ACF7-29E392D75C52.jpg

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been using Motul 7100 since i bought the bike and have nothing bad to say about it.
If anything it is a lot better than the Mobil1 that originally came in the bike when i got it, it really smoothed out the gear changes a lot.

Regarding the filter i can't help but think that it is a bit of a rip off, the K&N filter is exactly the same as the Hiflo Filtro, but because it has a nut welded on and a nice K&N print on it it sells for twice the price.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
No Purolator filter? I've not yet changed my oil, but I plan on doing it later in the season and I'm going to go with Motul 7100 and one of the Purolator PureOne filters. They are cheap, and have insanely good reviews.

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
No Purolator filter? I've not yet changed my oil, but I plan on doing it later in the season and I'm going to go with Motul 7100 and one of the Purolator PureOne filters. They are cheap, and have insanely good reviews.

I honestly haven't heard anything about the Purolator and when I last changed the oil I bought 2 of the KN Filters so was an easy switch out..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the Mobil1 Racing 4T drained out and replaced with Motul 7100 and a new KN oil filter.. Going to be about 110° heat index and muggy as hell today - so I am happy to have got this done!

What do you guys think of the Motul 7100? More I read about it the more I like. I guess only time will tell..

I recently went to 7100 from 2 quarts of 5100 and one quart of Mobil one full synthetic. (7100, 10w40)

So far, the only real difference (besides color) I've noticed is the engine runs a little bit cooler(per the digital temp gauge, S2 model) and seems to cool down slightly quicker after moving again...

I really didn't notice any shifting differences, more quiet, etc.
I use the same oil filter, K&P cast aluminum filter(cooler as well) with cleanable screen so no difference there; | K and P Engineering

I'll see how well it holds up, may be going back to 5100...As you noted, time will tell..

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
So far after about 400 miles of riding I have noticed an improvement in shifting.. It does seem smoother. I haven't seen the engine run any cooler like others have noticed. Engine does seem to be a bit quieter at start up and smoother. So far I am very happy with swapping out the Mobil1 Racing 4T for the Motul 7100...