50 minutes in stop-n-go, yesterday..

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought my left hand/forearm was going to fall off! That was one of those situations where shortie levers didn't help. Suddenly that clutch slave lever is looking really good to me.

.. the end :D

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought my left hand/forearm was going to fall off! That was one of those situations where shortie levers didn't help. Suddenly that clutch slave lever is looking really good to me.

.. the end :D

This is when you say screw it to the anti-splitting laws and just go for it bro. If I'm sitting in stop and go for more than 5 minutes, I get frustrated, let alone 50!:spank:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is when you say screw it to the anti-splitting laws and just go for it bro. If I'm sitting in stop and go for more than 5 minutes, I get frustrated, let alone 50!:spank:

I would have considered it, but this was on a 2 lane road (1 lane in either direction.. no shoulder).

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site

It's true...your chances of a cop chasing you for splitting in stopped traffic is almost zero...no cop is going to sit in traffic unless they are working the accident scene. :thumbup:

I've been known to ride the shoulder/grass to get around stopped traffic to take the next exit on the FZ...but then again I avoid highways like the plague. ;)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Been there done that. Ride is 24 miles to work. The way in it takes 30 minutes. The way home - DOUBLE IT! And some days, add more time to that! Granted the routes are different and the one home is all stop and go in town up hills. The clutch took a serious slip test one day home.

Thats when I saw just how stiff the clutch was and lube made it soooooo happy!

I feel for ya. . .

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been there done that. Ride is 24 miles to work. The way in it takes 30 minutes. The way home - DOUBLE IT! And some days, add more time to that! Granted the routes are different and the one home is all stop and go in town up hills. The clutch took a serious slip test one day home.

Thats when I saw just how stiff the clutch was and lube made it soooooo happy!

I feel for ya. . .

That's pretty bad, but the 50 minutes I mentioned.. that was to go about 6 miles!! :O .. should give you an idea of just how bad it was. It was dumb on my part to try to ride (or drive) to work just 2 days after the hurricane. Most of the traffic lights are still busted and lots of road closures around my house.

ClutchUp06

Not a 600...Not intersted
Reaction score
Visit site
It's true...your chances of a cop chasing you for splitting in stopped traffic is almost zero...no cop is going to sit in traffic unless they are working the accident scene. :thumbup:

I've been known to ride the shoulder/grass to get around stopped traffic to take the next exit on the FZ...but then again I avoid highways like the plague. ;)

Looks like your FZ is a street bike/dirt bike :rockon:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that sucks...sitting still on the freeway is one of those things that really gets to me...I would add 15 minutes to my trip and ride the back roads to keep MOVING any day..

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I also had to deal with traffic because of the hurricane. It took me 2 hours to get home on the bike the other night, and I was dying. It was the first time I split lanes in my life. I sat still for almost an hour and then I just couldn't take it anymore.

In NJ lane splitting is a 4 point ticket... which is AWFUL, but I was getting really tired/heated up and had to do something about it. Was just hopeful if a cop pulled me over they would understand my situation.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In full gear? Gawd, I'll bet you were melted and quite ripe by the time you got home!

Always wear full gear, but this actually wasn't bad at all since I left the house at 7am.. relatively cool in the morning.. thank God for that!