2010 SoCal Track days - who/where/when?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I'll keep an eye out here when time draws near. I'll probably know the month of the trackday if I'll be making it out. I've been wanting to go back to Streets ever since the last time :)

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We're looking at the March and May dates for Take it 2 The Track's Pahrump (Spring Mountain) weekends.

That would be March 6-7 or May 8-9. I think we are leaning towards March ...

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
and brand new from this morning:

Keigwins@TheTrack - Order Page

Feb 8th @ Laguna... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Or maybe March 6th in Buttonwillow...

More from Keigwin:

Greetings from Keigwins@theTrack!

We have some exciting news to announce about new 2010 track day events. First, a foreword.

Putting together a strong schedule is a bit of work. Keigwins conducts more track days at more racetracks with more event variety (including four different levels of schools) than any company in the West. This can be arranged by just booking lots of dates very early. But we know that some better dates and venues can be acquired through a little extra effort and patience.

So we announce what we are happy with, early in December, knowing more will be added a little later. Invariably we get questions about the calendar. "Why is it lighter than last year?" Our schedule is always improved. In '09 we added at least seven days along the way.

For 2010 we are bringing back our one-day racing school, scheduled for March 7th at Buttonwillow, two weeks prior to the AFM opener there. This time it will be bigger and better, taught in conjunction with Ken Hill, AFM champion, AMA privateer, former Freddi Spencer instruction and now lead instructor for the Yamaha Champions School.

Many of you know Ken and have wisely invested in his private tutoring. You know how good he is. For the rest of you, this is a chance to learn from the finest instructor we know, at a very affordable price, and gain some real-world racing knowledge and practice immediately before the AFM season opens. Need your AFM license? Get it with us on March 6th at Buttonwillow.

Another new addition is an early-season Laguna Seca track day scheduled for February 8th. It's frustrating to wait months for winter to end, particularly when there are many great weather days ahead of us. We expect attendance to be light for plenty of wide-open riding on one of the world's finest tracks!

We hope many of you choose to join us at these wonderful, early events!

NEW 2010 TRACK DAYS

These events are now posted to our website calendar. They can be purchased through the online shopping cart. Ticket pack holders can use the online tab "Use Ticket Pack" under "Sign Up Now" to apply their tickets.

Apr 12, Mon - Infineon Raceway
Jul 2, Fri - Infineon Raeway
Sep 22, Wed - Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway
Nov 17, Wed - Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway
Dec 14, Tue - Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway

Unfortunately, Laguna and Infineon have extremely high, seasonal and weekend rental rates, often double the cost of a winter day. To make them affordable we must occasionally impose an $80/day premium for ticket pack holders (Jul 2 and Sep 22 only).

We hope you are pleased with the additions and we're excited about another great year at the track with our many terrific customers.

Happy 2010!

Lance and Linda Keigwin, and the entire Keigwins staff.

Keigwins@theTrack, Inc.

Keigwins@TheTrack - Motorcycle Track Days, Riding & Racing Schools in California, Nevada, and Utah (website)
[email protected] (email)
650-949-5609 (office)
650-949-5607 (fax)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
wow... Cali Rider!!!!! let's do it (The Track Club)!!! :D

* HERE IS THE "B.O.G.O" DEAL !
We have decided to do something really insane ... for the first time EVER .... and are offering for our very first event of the 2010 season (for the next 72 hours only!) we are offering a Buy One . . . Get One track day(s) deal good for
Buttonwillow Raceway Only !
So this "limited timed offer" means that when you register for Sunday you pay the regular price of $175.oo and you get to bring a friend for free! Sign up for Monday regular price of $150.oo and you bring a friend for FREE! Register for both days for the regular rater of $275.oo and YES ... you get to bring a friend for FREE!!!
( *No Additional Discounts or Coupons are Allowed !)
This is only valid for our February event with The Track Club which is this coming Sunday-February 14th, & Monday-February 15th

You will have until Thursday-February 11th-2010 (Midnite) after that it will revert back to the original pricing! Please DO join us for this track event and please DO pass it along to everyone you know! We appreciate your continued support in 2010 !
WE WANT YOU TO POST THIS OFFER!!!!
This is a great time to JOIN us for this event ... and please pass along this invitation! We are always looking for more riders for all our events! This is the FIRST event for motorcycles at Buttonwillow for 2010 season, and the weather is looking really good for February.... In will be in the Mid to High 60's it's officially going to be better than what those Weather Forecasters are predicting!
ATTENTION LADIES:
There is MORE! Because it's Valentines Day ...The Track Club is offering another FIRST EVER in the MOTORCYCLING Track Day community:
If you a woman...we are going to "GIVE" you a track day! You can attend our Sunday-February 14th 2010 as the Guest of The Track Club ! This means we are giving you a FREE track day for that Sunday ONLY ! (*This offer is for those that will pre-register online at our website <link is below> and is good for only those that were actually born a female...no games, no guys wearing wigs or sucking helium to sound like they are a female! That won't work ! This offer is good for the first twenty (20) ladies that get registered and is expiring on Thursday-February 11th @ midnite, or before if we reach our twenty ladies!
This offer is to support woman in this motorsport and to acknowledge that you are important, and we'd love to have you join us on Sunday-February 14th "Valentines Day!"

Please call up your girlfriends and join us! The link below is the only way to get registered for this event, so DO IT NOW! Yes...you can bring your boyfriend, but they have to pay for their spot!

Get Registered For LADIES Valentine Sunday Here:

(Okay wifey ... can I now please get out of the "Dog House" for scheduling a track day on Valentine's Day? )

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Right now Cali Rider and I are tentatively doing Big Willow on April 4rth with Motoyard (to be confirmed), and Streets of Willow on June 26th with TrackDaz (confirmed).

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I shall take it easy in turn 4 :D but I already have a set of replacement plastics in case :rof:

Good thinkin' David... that turn took several riders out that day if I recall. Either way, I'd love to be there even if I don't run the track myself. Hope I'm in town still to join you guys. It's been too long since I've seen all of you.

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Just did Keigwins Ken Hill racing school at Buttonwillow this past Sunday on the new bike. Awesome.

I'll be at Big Willow this Sunday doing the racer school there too if anyone is going.

April 4th, eh? I'm doing something for my birthday that weekend, otherwise I'd be all over it with you guys.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
The 4th is my wife's birthday and I'll have family in town staying with us.

How about June 26th Nate?

Good thinkin' David... that turn took several riders out that day if I recall. Either way, I'd love to be there even if I don't run the track myself. Hope I'm in town still to join you guys. It's been too long since I've seen all of you.

I was the 3rd that day and 1 more went down in the same spot later in the afternoon... Oso was filming me going through the turn and stopped filming me about 1/2 a second before I crashed lol pisses me off! I`ll post the 30sec clip tonight for everyone to make fun of me :D

Just did Keigwins Ken Hill racing school at Buttonwillow this past Sunday on the new bike. Awesome.

I'll be at Big Willow this Sunday doing the racer school there too if anyone is going.

April 4th, eh? I'm doing something for my birthday that weekend, otherwise I'd be all over it with you guys.

Nice! Looks like you want to be ready for Laguna huh? :D lots of training going on :thumbup:

I'd like to do more schools, but for the price I always end up doing trackdays instead...

Are you free on June 26th to do the Streets with us?

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Looks like you want to be ready for Laguna huh? :D lots of training going on :thumbup:

I'd like to do more schools, but for the price I always end up doing trackdays instead...

Are you free on June 26th to do the Streets with us?

Sure do! I want to get time on the ZX-6rr so I'm used to it before I try and tackle that monster. I have that same attitude re: schools, but this last one was only $100 more than a regular track day at $240.

The upcoming race school at Big Willow is only a $75 add-on, but it's more of a certification for getting the racing license as opposed to a full on training course like California Superbike School.

Who wants to rent a 250 and do a Ninja 250 Cup race with me this summer?? hehe

June 26th is a week after Laguna, so it all depends on my freelance work/financial situation. If I sell a kidney to take all of June off, maybe I can make it happen. Runnin out of kidneys to sell tho :D

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
How about June 26th Nate?

Quite possibly!

I'm doing a 2,500 mile ride starting the 30th and there is an outside chance I'll be riding my father-in-law's Goldwing from Chicago to San Francisco during the weekend of the 26th but if I'm not, there is a good chance I'll attend.

What track???

Any chance you're going to do a track day up here? At some point you should trailer BOTH bikes up so that we can do a NorCal street AND track ride in the same weekend and so that you can trailer my bike to the track too! ha! :thumbup: