Trackday! 8/8/09

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! so 2 potential riders so far... I hope you guys can make it... you should try to meet up somewhere and ride up together!

I know Cali_Rider is still on the fence about putting his FZ6 on the track, but if he is not, he might want to ride up with you guys as well :)

I'm in to do the Crest.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm interesting class... I'd like to do it sometime, but not next month... this will be my last trackday for a while (2nd baby arriving in September), so I want to be able to do my own thing and just ride as much as possible... Thanks for bringing this up though, cose for that price, I will definitely consider it for next year.

Now sign up and stop procrastinating :)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, sounds good. Let me know!

Talking about track schools, check out the email I just got from Ti2TT:

Dear David,

Our next event is only 3 weeks away and spots are filling rather quickly. We are only running a Intermediate and Beginner group both days to leave room for Rich Olivers new Road Race Camp. This camp is designed for riders with 1 year track experience that are wanting to go faster and learn one on one from a world champion. To sign up for his camp go here: Advanced Motorcycle Riding and Racing Instruction at the Mystery School with Rich Oliver!

Also Yamaha has kicked in cash back coupons for signing up with any of his schools here's more:
Yamaha $200 Factory Direct Cash back coupons now available for all new Mystery School Students!

Updated: for immediate release 7-8-09

Thanks to Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, all new Rich Oliver's Mystery School students will receive a Yamaha Factory Direct Cash back coupon for up to $200*.

This coupon is valid toward the purchase of any new 2010 (or prior year) Yamaha motorcycle.

Rich Oliver comments, "This offer is coming at a perfect time for our customers, as we are just about to start our new 30 student Two Day Road Race Camp class, the first one on August 8-9 at the Streets of Willow! Yamaha has always been a big part of our Mystery School and we are very happy that they have been able to help our students with this great offer."

All of the Mystery School classes are eligible for the Yamaha Factory Cash coupons:

Two Day Road Race Camp

Two Day Fun Camp

Four Day Ultra Pro Camp

One Day MSF DirtBike School

One Day Off-Road Challenge

POST Motorcycle Update, for Police Officers

See you at the track!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, if I have the day off that day, I'll totally be there. It's going to be rediculously hot though... holy crap:spank:

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man this is tempting. Some buddies and me want to try Streets of Willow... but I just dropped some money on a spot for a Laguna Seca Trackday in October. Maybe after this weekend I'll be motivated...

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, if I have the day off that day, I'll totally be there. It's going to be rediculously hot though... holy crap:spank:

Yeah it will. Today's projected high here in Palmdale will be 107F. Tomorrow is projected for 115F. :D Love my AC right now. Rooms still available if people want to sleep over night before.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool Rob, I can always use a Doctor you know LOL On a serious note, why don't you sign up for a C group and just cruise around on the Triumph? I took the Buell to the track the month after I bought it, and it was awesome (taking it easy of course... kind of).

Powell, lucky you!!! I want to do Laguna Seca sometime next year... that would be awesome! I have quite a lot of time on that track.... on my xbox :D How much was the spot?

Louis: 115F???? wow... that's going to be interesting :D I wonder if they'll let me ride in flip-flops and shorts...

oh and this is what I want to try out there this time:

19363d1210917673-motorcycle-themed-motivational-posters-1184736065219.jpg

:rof:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I doubt I'll be tracking the Triumph... can't risk wrecking it on the track. Not to mention I don't have full leathers to wear. I'd love to do it though, one day.

I'll bring the full med kit this time David, complete with Lidocaine and suture kit.:thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool Rob :)

So I did some more Fiber Glass work this weekend, and I think I put too little hardener in the resin this time, since it was still not cured this morning 20 hours later............... I suck! anybody know if I can just brush some hardener on top of the resin so it'll cure?? argh, I tried measuring the amount this time too! (1/4 tea spoon for 8 table spoons of resin.... yeah, figure that one out! lol).

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright so trackday is tomorrow... if anyone goes over ACH and feels like piling a few more miles to Palmdale/Lancaster, stop by and say hi!

Here is a satellite view of the track (big track is Willow Springs International Raceway, and Streets of Willow -what I'll be riding- is the small track North East of the big one): palmdale ca - Google Maps

Fiber glass work is done and came out "OK"... I sanded as much as I could to make it look good, but what I really should have done to finish it nicely was use some bondo on top of the fiber glass... anyway, it's a track bike and I did not care enough to go that route, so this will do just fine until my next crash :D
I then painted the reworked areas with flat white primer (to match the rest of the fairings) and it looks good from a few feet away... pics to come soon enough.

Wish me MERDE! (good luck in french)! :D

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man! Cali_Rider will be there supporting me and probably riding a session on my gixxer as well :)rockon:), so we should have some good pics :)

Nice effort on the french :) but it's: "Bonne Chance, mon ami!"