Trackday! 8/8/09

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
MERDE is very close to the Spanish slang word mierde which translates as sh*t. Good luck Dave & John. I'll be down in Thousand Oaks taking engagement pics. :p

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck. Don't crash!

MERDE is very close to the Spanish slang word mierde which translates as sh*t. Good luck Dave & John. I'll be down in Thousand Oaks taking engagement pics. :p

Thanks guys... indeed Louis, merde means just that :) its a french thing...

The test ride (around my neighborhood only) went great tonight! She's ready.... I think I am as well.

3800018584_cee22d284e_o.jpg

3799186061_d658b135a4_o.jpg

Last edited:

fazerider

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool Rob :)

So I did some more Fiber Glass work this weekend, and I think I put too little hardener in the resin this time, since it was still not cured this morning 20 hours later............... I suck! anybody know if I can just brush some hardener on top of the resin so it'll cure?? argh, I tried measuring the amount this time too! (1/4 tea spoon for 8 table spoons of resin.... yeah, figure that one out! lol).

Was that epoxy or sounds like polyester resin with that ratio?
Unfortunately adding hardner alone won't work, better to brush a fresh batch over it with the right ratio. Is it still coming off on your finger or is it just sticky?
Try a heat lamp 200 degrees for an hour is good for most jobs. sometimes fresh composites just takes longer to stiffen up at room temps in the right ratio. Excess hardner would cause what your talking about if it was epoxy and not enough if polyester.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have fun today and post lots of photos. Oh, David, please don't crash. :D