2009 Mileage Contest!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
SIGNUP'S CLOSE ON DEC 31 AT MIDNIGHT. WHEN THE BALL DROPS THE SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED.

Ok so here we go. Lets get this thing rolling!

In order to start things off, I need to get some info of those participating.

This is what I need:

Class: Year-round' or Seasonal
if seasonal... pick your 6 month range. [must be continous]

Starting Mileage: This will need to be posted the day before the comp starts. All those doing year around, need to post photos of their OD's on Dec 31st or just before. Seasonal, you will need to post the day before your selected season starts.

A few ground rules.

First, all bikes are excepted. There are many members on here that ride bikes other than FZ's. However, you have multiple bikes that your ride regularly, I asked that you only post mileage of the FZ.

There will be no need for monthly updates on the mileage contest this year unless you guys want to. If anything it might be easier just to post every now and then on your own free will just to "stir the pot." With the intial and final submissions, there must be a picture submitted on or before the submission date. Can not take late submissions! Pictures must include a cell phone, newspaper or some other form of time stamp (but not the camera date) within the image. Just to be fair to everyone to prove start and finish time.

All seasons must start on the 1st of the month an end on the last day of the month.

As people submit I will add a list of the contestants and their class or season of choice.

I think that about covers it!

Get that info to me. Ride safe guys and gals.

-bryan

Last edited:

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my info:

Year-round (yes even in the Netherlands)

Country The Netherlands (Europe)

Let the games begin.........

Ton

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
strange request, can i enter both? I am seasonal and can pick April - September, but i will be riding from March to December, so i think i would have a shot at the year round guys too.

thoughts?

T

TheVmaxrider

Class: Seasonal
Period: April 1st - Sept. 30th

Will get an odometer pic in when new speedo arrives:thumbup:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
strange request, can i enter both? I am seasonal and can pick April - September, but i will be riding from March to December, so i think i would have a shot at the year round guys too.

thoughts?

Has to be one or the other. But only missing riding in 2 months, you might still be good for the year-roud.

I would go for year-round. You put in some impressive miles last year, I would think you would be good.

-bryan

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has to be one or the other. But only missing riding in 2 months, you might still be good for the year-roud.

I would go for year-round. You put in some impressive miles last year, I would think you would be good.

-bryan

Ok, you convinced me, Year round (in a seasonal climate):

I'll post up a pic on the 31st (if i remember, if i don't then i can get it slightly after, the bike will be in my basement and probably torn down for an in depth cleaning!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seasonal in New England. USA miles...

April 1st through Sept 30th.

I hope the price of gas stays stable! More recreational riding along with the commuting! I'll never beat Rob so I'm glad he decided on year round!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so I built a spreadsheet. I am not going to do the online sheet again since there will not be updates.

So far I have those that have posted in there. I know there are many of you out there, lets get this one big!

-bryan

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
Count me in! :rockon:

Seasonal (May 1st - Oct 31st)

USA

Question: If April starts looking nice can I jump in as long as I get the mileage in by the 1st?

Suggestion for the spreadsheet: Use Google doc's. That way it's online and in spreadsheet, you may even be able to link it.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Count me in:

Class:Year round

Oz, you & me dont have a chance of beating Ozzieboy in Australia....he has done 20000km's since May this year! Oh well, gotta be in it to win it!

:thumbup:

Which has me thinking, is there just one prize for overall winner, or could there be, or is there regional awards?

:thumbup: