2009 Mileage Contest!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will probably track my seasonal miles as well, but i will do my best to keep up with the year round folks.

USA!!!

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
this contest is not pregnant-lady friendly!!!

I guess I'll do it for fun. Seasonal.....July 1-Dec 31. Baby's due in June.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Question: If April starts looking nice can I jump in as long as I get the mileage in by the 1st?

Suggestion for the spreadsheet: Use Google doc's. That way it's online and in spreadsheet, you may even be able to link it.

Yes, if you would like you can switch. But your ending date will also have to move up a month as well. Just shoot me a PM if you would like to switch.

As far a the spreadsheet. I did that last year for the monthly updates, but with no updates there isnt really any need in it. I might still do it later anyway though.

Which has me thinking, is there just one prize for overall winner, or could there be, or is there regional awards?

Prizes will be figured out as we get further into the season. But there will be prices for the winner in each class. More than likely there will not be a regional award. But we shall see. It depends on how much traffic the shop site gets. IF there is a good amount of sells from this forum to the shops website, the chances of higher value prizes is greater.

this contest is not pregnant-lady friendly!!!

Baby's due in June.

Do we need to make a preggers class? LoL.

Congrats again with that.

All updates are caught up at this point.

-bryan

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But if he keeps breaking his bike ,lol

Just don't show him this thread .

LOL...I've already seen it:eek::D.

I can't wait to see some of the results.

I was very happy to see that there are some nutters, much like myself who ride loads of km.:D:thumbup::rockon: I'd hate to feel like I was the only addict:cheer:. You've got to love an unlimited km warranty..lol.

Class...Year round.
Aust

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...I've already seen it:eek::D.

I can't wait to see some of the results.

I was very happy to see that there are some nutters, much like myself who ride loads of km.:D:thumbup::rockon: I'd hate to feel like I was the only addict:cheer:. You've got to love an unlimited km warranty..lol.

Class...Year round.
Aust

Cheers
Mike

Right, now that Mike has entered, it's time to put the trusty steed on a Treadmill, for about a month! might then have some chance at least...

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Right, now that Mike has entered, it's time to put the trusty steed on a Treadmill, for about a month! might then have some chance at least...

:thumbup:

I'll probably rein myself in a bit over the next few months...Have a lot of house related bills coming up soon.....and registering my car (hardly worth the bother...lol.) I'll no doubt still roll out the miles but maybe not quite as insane...lol.:D

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll jump in on this!

May 1st to Oct 31st
I'm not a commuter
and I am in Canada.

That puts me into the cold weather but my bike won't be out of the arena til the middle of April. I have no choice, they only take things out for 2 weekends in April. You get it back when they give it to you.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to be clear, the time to enter will expire at the end of the year. If a member doesn't post either that they are in by posting that they are either seasonal or year round by the end of December, they cannot enter? No late entries right? Because if you don't, anybody can enter by posting seasonal.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
To keep things fair. Sure we can do that. If someone were to join late, they would only be hurting themselves but limiting their time. Or they can do seasonal.

What do yall want to do?

-bryan

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn west coast canadians. We have 2 feet of snow right now... I hate Calgary.

Class - Seasonal (April 1st to Sept 31st)
Country - Canada

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went for a rip yesterday at 11am for an hour....was abit chilly(6 degrees)...at 330pm it was -1...now its -7....arctic front hit and about 6 cm of snow.....I really dont think there will be too much ridin for a couple weeks at least...:(

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to be clear, the time to enter will expire at the end of the year. If a member doesn't post either that they are in by posting that they are either seasonal or year round by the end of December, they cannot enter? No late entries right? Because if you don't, anybody can enter by posting seasonal.

To keep things fair. Sure we can do that. If someone were to join late, they would only be hurting themselves but limiting their time. Or they can do seasonal.

What do yall want to do?

-bryan

Due to the fact that there is a financial gain and award, thanks to Forsyth Motorsports, I think the entries should be closed after the 31st. It's not fair for the seasonal riders, otherwise, every member who enters after the 1st of the year most likely will choose seasonal.

Plus, by adding new members to the spreadsheet, it's time consuming. You said you already have 17, most likely it will be around 30 or more. Do you really want to deal with 100? Closing the entries will only generate more excitement for 2010.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. Sounds good to me! Deadline is Dec 31st at midnight! When the ball drops the signups close!

15 days left to sign up.

So far I have 21 people on the list.

-bryan