2009 FZ6RC Dragons Tail Meet

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jeez... I wish I could make this trip! Problem is my wife cannot travel the first 5 business days of each month (Accounting) so it would mean traveling the day you're all out riding.

We do intend to go down later in the year and our trip will be a week in TN with a friend and a mid-week trip(s) through the Dragon and Skyway. But, he also knows many other roads he claims are just as much fun and less traveled on the way to and from Deal's Gap.

When we do make that trip, I'll be sure to post ahead. I'd really like to have a few folks who can make it come along for the ride when we are there!

Sounds like a GREAT time for all. Sorry I have to miss it! Ride safe!

SergeantG1

Reaction score
Visit site
If there is still room, I'm trying to talk my fiance into this. She's new to riding and has a 650 V-Star, and would be fairly slow through the twisties. It'd be about a 13 hour ride from here. But, even if she doesn't want to go, I'd still like to.

W

wrightme43

You would both be more than welcome. If you both decide to go, we would lack one person of having enough for both houses. That would work good so you could have a room to yourselves.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
So for those that havent been to the gap. Darryl posted this on his blog today...

Robbinsville, NC - Google Maps

Street view on google maps for all 11 miles.

Also, he posted a video using the Go-Pro wide camera that many of us have now. This is attached to the front of his Evo facing reward coming down the gap.

http://vimeo.com/2642082?pg=embed&sec=2642082

Enjoy.

-bryan

W

wrightme43

We need three more people to prepay real real real soon to get two houses. The other one will be reserved very soon.

As of now if we all share one house everyone will be getting money back.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what are the days that we have? It's about 13-13 1/2 miles for me, i think i might leave my House about midnight and get there in the morning or early afternoon.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning on leaving TX on Wednesday and getting there sometime thursday. Then leaving monday perhaps, I'm planning on just finding a hotel room for any additional days. I noticed some others as adding days, is there any list of those? Not a biggie could just wait and see as we get closer. Getting very excited here in TX!!!
Brian

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
So what time is checkin on that Friday? First thing or lunch time?

If I leave my house in Charlotte by 7 am I could be there around 11:30 am. Almost do it on one tank of gas, but I will probably stop in Asheville and top it off.

-bryan

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As per MAP-QUEST, the ride is about 12-13 hours and 730 miles. I will probably leave Thursday night and get there by mid-afternoon on Friday. Steve do you know if getting there Thursday would be a problem, cause i would like to be rested and not worry about pushing it all night and stay on Friday as well. If not maybe there is a hotel on the way up there on 75 North.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning on leaving TX on Wednesday and getting there sometime Thursday. Then leaving Monday perhaps, I'm planning on just finding a hotel room for any additional days. I noticed some others as adding days, is there any list of those? Not a biggie could just wait and see as we get closer. Getting very excited here in TX!!!
Brian

Kelly maybe i will meet you in NC on that Thursday and find a place to stay. We have plenty of time to figure things out.

W

wrightme43

More than likely we will have have the house thursday as well. Check in around 12 noon. The door will be unlocked. Just walk in.

Yes if you want to stay thursday to just post up. We will figure the cost divy.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Kelly maybe i will meet you in NC on that Thursday and find a place to stay. We have plenty of time to figure things out.

I'm totally down with showing up a day or two early. I think a couple others have mentioned that as well. If there is enough interest I think we can just add an extra day (or two or three....) onto the rental, paid for by us of course (correct me if I'm wrong steve/ant). It'll still be cheaper than a hotel and you won't have to worry about moving your stuff or your bike getting kicked over in the hotel parking lot. I've got tons of vacation time saved up so I'm planning on being there for as long as I can find somebody to ride with.