1st Ride of the Year

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally after waiting for what seemed to be forever, i got to ride today for the first time since winter started. it was a bueatiful 48 degrees and cloudy. I was able to stay out for a 2 hour ride. Started to get a little chilly since I dont have cold whether gear. Man the bike sounded great at about 10K on the tach.:thumbup:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
My this sort of thing is alien to me! :) How does it feel to get out on a machine that has sat idle crying out for a good workout all winter?

My bike is worked out every single day, hail rain or shine...but we dont get extreme weather like you guys do over that side of the atlantic.

So go on...how'd if feel? Did you loose your touch or did the bike respond well under your control?

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
It felt Great. The anticipation was killing me. i managed to keep it slow for the first ten minutes to just get the feel and make sure the bike was OK.

After getting my senses tuned to the bike it felt like i never stopped riding.

I could say it was better then sex, but it ain't, almost, but not quite. :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
beleive it or not, after a long winter i have a better feel for the bike than i do at the end of the summer, i think it has to do with the fact that i get "numbed" from riding as the summer goes on. When i hop on to the bike for the first warm day it is heaven, i can hear the bike talking to me, feel every little twitch in the road... it is pure bliss...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Woo! Hoo! I glad you were able to get out today. It kinda feels like getting out of prison, not that I know...

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha Hellgate!! My question would have been "how do you know?" :p

I'm sure you've seen your fair share of prisons, from the outside that is...a uniformed man like yourself! :)

The worst I've had it was about 2 weeks when my first bike broke down. Now I am on 2 weeks holiday from work (student!!) and my bike has a flat...so its killing me looking at it just for these few days. It is being mended on Wednesday so it'll be painful...the rain is pounding outside so i'm not too depressed by it all!

I'm so happy to hear you got a good ride out on the bike 4fun!! Now your name rings true! :)

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
The cover came off of my bike on Wednesday. My first and second rides of the season were in the dark with the temperature in the 30's. I was ready with heated gloves and my gear from last season. It felt great! A ride around the nieborhood turned into a 30 mile ride to nowhere. I was amazed how good it felt after about 3.5 months of not riding.

Today, went to the old parking lot, not really to practice but to confirm that my slow speed skills were still there.... Well it turned into a practice session since the 18 foot U turn of December has turned into a 24 foot U turn. I think it is going to take a few week-ends of practice to get back to where I was.