12 V plug position

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys,

In the near future i would like to do a 12v socket mod. While there are a couple of threads on the how on this on the forums, i didn't seem to find a good thread about the WHERE.

The reason i ask is because i came across links like this Robert - Moto Blog - 12 Volt Accessory Plug on Kim's*Versys

I found this a very clean solution but i would like to start a discussion before drilling holes in my bike... Because i don't want to ruin my bike by making a hole that i would later regret.

so my question to all the people with a socket is, where did you end up putting your socket and why?

Thanks !

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, because I'm set on where to place mine (12 volt socket on order through ebay,
I'll probably place it where the faring plastic is more rigid, closer to the top area of faring on either the left or right side. I will have to drill with a hole saw for the outlet.

Last edited:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys,

In the near future i would like to do a 12v socket mod. While there are a couple of threads on the how on this on the forums, i didn't seem to find a good thread about the WHERE.

The reason i ask is because i came across links like this Robert - Moto Blog - 12 Volt Accessory Plug on Kim's*Versys

I found this a very clean solution but i would like to start a discussion before drilling holes in my bike... Because i don't want to ruin my bike by making a hole that i would later regret.

so my question to all the people with a socket is, where did you end up putting your socket and why?

Thanks !

I wanted to do something like that and I remember some pictures in this forum (i'll try finding them) with something very similar.

At the end, I did not want to drill any holes and I was running out of time, so I just used a couple of tie wraps and kept it simple, unfortunately these pictures are not the best, I'll get some better

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk