Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
77777.jpg

P1020331_zps532c036c.jpg

20150103_145057_zpsczrdreg3.jpg

20150103_151034_zpshiqweaia.jpg

I bought the bike new in April of 2007. Got much tougher to log the miles once I moved to Idaho, so damn cold and there is always a lot of snow and ice during the winter.

Some amazing facts about the bike, I am still on my original front brake pads and rotors, and original clutch. Original throttle cable too, key, ignition switch. Other than that, I think just about everything has been swapped out.

What's included in the 100k miles is the privilege and honor to ride alongside many great members here on this forum, creating some incredible memories. The list is too long for me to list, but you know who you are and I hope to see you and ride alongside you again, and continue to add new riders onto my list.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Kenny!
It's been an honor to ride with such a warrior, 100K!!!! That's awesome! Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think you've had any transmission or main engine problems other than peripheral stuff like timing chain, cam gear, crank position sensor etc. If this is true your FZ6 is a tribute to how truly great this bike is. Eventually I hope to have another FZ6 one day to do some custom work to. :rockon:

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Outstanding, Kenny! I'm still regretting missing your trip last summer because my newly-acquired beemer had some frame bolts missing. :spank:
You were talking then about trading to a (iirc) Multistrada, but it sounds like you're still on Fizzer, AND I think you're even taller than me! Salute!!! :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very impressive Kenny for both Man and Machine!

Ya, lets not deceive the crowd here; Other than the cam chain tensioner taking out the guides and pick up sensor, it was lots of gas, oil, and tires! Just the basic PM stuff IIRC??

Lets see -
100,000 miles avg 45 mpg = roughly 2,222 gallons of fuel through the Fizzer!
2,222 gal /4.0 gal tank (fill up) ~ 555 Fuel Stops! haha You da man!

At my rate I'll never make 100K, but it was fun to Ride with you! :thumbup::thumbup:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya, lets not deceive the crowd here; Other than the cam chain tensioner taking out the guides and pick up sensor, it was lots of gas, oil, and tires! Just the basic PM stuff IIRC??

Is that really the only major defect in 100k?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that really the only major defect in 100k?

It was the most expensive repair and caused my bike to be down for the longest amount of time since the parts had to come from Japan. It was partly due to my neglect, ignoring the ticking sound from the engine. It could have been prevented if it was diagnosed correctly. The problem was that replacing the Cam Chain Tensioner was not the initial problem, it was from a stretched Cam Chain and worn out guides. So at 70k miles, everything was replaced and I also had my valves adjusted for the first time during this time since the head had to be removed anyways. Manual recommends every 26k miles for the valves.

My fork seals also started leaking around 60k, so I had new seals installed. One other note, my hoses are still original. Hoses are rubber so I'm sure if anything needs to be replaced, it should be them.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, cheers for the heads up. I'm aware there's a class "issue" (won't say "defect", as such) with the cam chain and tensioner.

At 24k I had the fork oil changed, and popped some new seals in at the same time (might as well while you're there huh?). So that shouldn't be an issue.

Had the valves checked too, no bother.

As well as the cam chain and tensioner, again no issues.

So issues from around 60k then, and it's more wear and tear than catastrophe. That's good to know. This bike needs to live for at least another 100k on top of the 30 it's got now (there's a plan afoot! Lol).

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope I can match/surpass your excellent record. So far, no tix on FZ6 with about 40K miles. However, I am ineligible for the "Never been dropped" Club. Year 2007 had a low-speed lowside on a SF hill that was not signed off and part of a road construction zone (uneven pavement).

Last edited:

bluremi

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't understand how you could possibly still be on the first set of FRONT brake pads.

Do you even use the front brake??? Engine breaking everywhere?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't understand how you could possibly still be on the first set of FRONT brake pads.

Do you even use the front brake??? Engine breaking everywhere?

I can't understand it either. Only explanation is that the OEM pads are very good and the practice of applying both brakes rather than just relying on the front that so many riders do is all I can think of. I do rely on the engine to slow me down so that helps too.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Kenny! Pretty awesome accomplishment. Are you still thinking about the Ducate? I know you said you already have red gear! :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: