08 Mirror block off's

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I searched and found a good bit of info. However it seems like most of the search results (07 R1 mirror plates) don't seem to have the threaded bolts to hold the fairing in place.

Anyone know of any mirror block off plates that would work with an 08? I"m looking for something that would work with the stock front fairing, which bolts through the platic and supports the interiod bracket where the speedo sits. Maybe I"m mistaken but it doesn't seem like any of the results I've foudn support this.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have threaded block-off plates which fit FZ1 (carbon look). I don't know if dimensions are the same though.
Can you measure distance bolt to bolt and trace the perimeter of what the plate should look like?
I can post pics of the plates when I get home.

Edit: just looked it up. FZ1 and FZ6 mirrors use same bolt distance, so no need to measure that, but need to make sure contour of the plate will fit.

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I researched this same thing myself recently and was told that any block-off plates designed for 04-08 R6 and R1 should fit, both the bolts and the shape. What you take from that is up to you. But I bit the bullet and purchased a few different block off plates from R6 and R1 to see what fits, and will probably toss the rest back up on eBay or something.

I was specifically told that THESE ONES and THESE ONES will fit perfectly. They are extremely cheap, and I'm assuming the quality is exactly what you get for the price, but I was going to put tape over it. So this should be better than that at least. I plan to paint them to remove the silly "R1" or "R6", if they fit properly.

I also read that someone purchased THESE ONES, which are turn signals that will fit just like block-off plates. That person purchased them for a 2007 FZ6 and they fit, apparently. They are also very cheap, but I was told they are very high quality. So for $7.00 USD for the pair, I couldn't pass it up, at the very least to try and see how it works.

Anyway, if you are willing to hold out for another week or so, I can let you know first hand if they fit. They should all be arriving any day now, and I bought 3 different types.

Good luck, either way you decide to go!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's what I've got (back of the plates still has residual weatherstripping on them). 39mm wide, 86mm long

attachment.php

attachment.php

Don't really wanna part with these if they're really that cheap though.. those R1 ones look pretty good :thumbup:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I went with these, from the FZ-1

Cycle One-off FZ-1

I emailed their customer service to ask if they had the threaded bolts, to hold the inner fairing retainer and the rep said they do. I went ahead and ordered them.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
They were expensive, a little more than I wanted to spend. But like I said, the customer support was really quick and responsive which is what made me chose them.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I would never ride without mirrors. Unless you plan on doing track days. I use my mirrors all the time, but I do live in the city. To each his own.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
When I did naked conversion - I used CRG bar end mirrors and they were so much better than stock.
When converted back to fairing - i kept them on for a while cause I could not remember where did I put original ones. Then I sold them and still regret it - should got these hole covers and kept bar ends

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would never ride without mirrors. Unless you plan on doing track days. I use my mirrors all the time, but I do live in the city. To each his own.

I didn't think anyone would consider it. Seems ridiculous to ride public streets without mirrors with the amount of "skilled" drivers on the streets. Most people are just replacing their stock mirrors with alternatives, hence the need for block-off plates.

For example, I have bar-end mirrors as I didn't like the look of the stock "rabbit ears". In addition, the stock mirrors were great at showing my how my shoulders look, not so much at showing me the traffic. With bar-end mirrors, I can see more around me, as well as pan the mirrors at a stop. Also, they do not vibrate. My stock mirrors would "shiver" at high RPM. My bar-end mirrors do not shake whatsoever regardless of RPM, thanks to the bar-end weights that they came with.

Isn't it illegal in most places to ride without at least one mirror?

Thank you very much! I'm going to look into those if I'm not happy with my own.

Last edited:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm not riding without mirrors. Just relocated them to CRG bar end mirrors.

I wish I saw those links before. Sounds like I'm in for a real suprise :/
Hopefully it was just a fluke but I hate hearing about those shady dealings where the owner won't fess up for a mistake made.

Guess I'll be on the lookout for something else in the mean time, just in case.

Last edited:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, so here is my report. I posted this on another forum so this is just a copy and paste. But I wanted to keep you folks in the loop. Basically, Tom from Cycleoneoff totally hooked me up.

These guys do CNC parts for a bunch of different bikes.
Cycle One-off custom v-max parts

I contacted these guys about some mirror block off plates for my FZ-6. I emailed a guy named Tom at about 8:00 in the morning and he replied to me within 5 minutes. Going based off that, I ordered the plates from him. I'm a sucker for good customer service.

After this all transpired I put my front fairing back on with my mirrors and realized how much more I prefer to ride with the fairing on. I emailed Tom a few days later to cancel my order. He issued a full refund and all was well.

About a week later, he emailed me and informed me they wanted to send me a FREE set of block off plates to try on my FZ-6 . We talked back and fourth a few times. Saturday, 4/28 he emailed me and notified me they were shipped. Today, 5/1 they arrived.

Unfortunately I have to report that they are NOT the same size, as I originally intended. But I thought it was awesome they sent them out to me for free. I will be sending them back tomorrow. But I just wanted to give them some positive feedback. Tom was really quick to get back to me and their CNC cut block off plates are top notch. I wish like hell that they fit.

Anyways, you can feel good about using them for any FZ-1, Monster, VMax, Bandit, Busa, etc parts.

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I've saved their website to my bookmarks for future reference.

I totally forgot about this thread. Just a quick update for anyone who wants to go the cheaper route.
My mirrors block-offs have arrived as well and the el-cheapo ones I got from eBay (one set of black R1 block-offs and one set of black R6) both fit perfectly. I put some weatherstripping goop on the back and it works perfect. They came with bolts and nuts to hold the fairing and everything in place just like the mirrors did. For $15, can't complain one bit.

Also, the turn signal block-offs I got for $6 were just as good. They did not come with bolts and nuts, but I just cut my own and modified it, still works great.

Just in case anyone is wondering what they need, this is what I bought, and they all fit great. I've only heard positive comments from other riders (that's after painting over the R6 and R1 markings):

R6 Block-offs
R1 Block-offs
Turn Signal (R6) Block Offs

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I've saved their website to my bookmarks for future reference.

I totally forgot about this thread. Just a quick update for anyone who wants to go the cheaper route.
My mirrors block-offs have arrived as well and the el-cheapo ones I got from eBay (one set of black R1 block-offs and one set of black R6) both fit perfectly. I put some weatherstripping goop on the back and it works perfect. They came with bolts and nuts to hold the fairing and everything in place just like the mirrors did. For $15, can't complain one bit.

Also, the turn signal block-offs I got for $6 were just as good. They did not come with bolts and nuts, but I just cut my own and modified it, still works great.

Just in case anyone is wondering what they need, this is what I bought, and they all fit great. I've only heard positive comments from other riders (that's after painting over the R6 and R1 markings):

R6 Block-offs
R1 Block-offs
Turn Signal (R6) Block Offs

I did what you did and ordered a cheap R6 set from Ebay. I currently have them on for the track but I'm not a huge fan of their fit and finish. It certainly could be better.

Tonight I am going to be measuring everything and sending the dimensions to Cycleoneoff. Maybe we'll see some made just for the FZ some time soon.

geezer

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! I saw a set of my covers on Google! I guess I WAS somebody at one time! LOL. Glad you fellas liked them. I made about 12 different kinds for the Gen1 FZ1, and a few different color combinations for the Gen2. It's funny to look and see how much my original design has been copied. Flattering to say the least...Had I pattened them, I would be rich! Enjoy!
geezer:rockon: