07 dual headlamp how to.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
I just did this mod. No idea what the size of the "flag" I used was, but it was the biggest I could find at Radio Shack, and it was BARELY too small. 10 seconds with a pair of needle-nosed pliers and it fits fine now.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I found out that the 0.250" flag should really be a 0.320" flag, if you can find one otherwise manipulate the 0.250" which seems to be more common in the automotive electrical section of the store. Don't ask me why I know this... LOL

It must be one of those 'common language..' things. I used to work for an engineering company which made wiring harnesses for its products. We used a wide variety of terminals by the millions. Early days terminals of that size were known as 250s until we went metric & they became 6.35mm. Actually for a long time after we went metric they were still called 250s 'cos it was easier & more familiar. :)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, I just did the mod today, and purchased the "flag" aka the right angle disconnect as well at Radio Shack. I noticed it was too small as well, so I had to jimmy the female slot so it would fit.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
There's no problem with cutting the bulb spade terminal or using some needle nose to open up the terminal. Either way, as long as its snug, the current should be fine.

I have some extras of the proper size...a whole bunch of them offset...offset meaning you can use the original housing terminal from Yamaha and just connect the wire to it, stick it in hte terminal housing and that's it. I'll double-check but I'm 99% sure the ones I got are for high voltage motors (from a real wholesaler...I tried the phony Home Depots/Lowes/Radio Shacks and they just dont carry commercial size terminal kits). Send me a PM if you want a few.

timbo

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I missed it, but I was wondering if when you flip between low and high beam if you have both lamps on in each case? If so, then this mod is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Thanks for the post.

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
Help with H7 sylvanias

At the same time I replaced the bulbs with Sylvania Silverstars. They are much whiter and brighter than the stock bulbs.
I like it.

I decided not to do the mod (I run high beams in the daytime), but I do want to give the Silver Stars a try. No problem switching the H4 high beam, but H7 low beam fits the mount, but does not fit the plug on my '07. Is there an adapter? :confused: Did I get the "wrong" H7? :confused: Is it not an H7 for the '07s? :confused: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
thaks to all the info in this thread guys, after reading it many times (im a little slow) it sunk in and the rewire took maybe 10 mins and cost like 2-4$

gonna go test the headlights now in the hills of p-towmn nighty nite!

wakitball

Reaction score
Visit site
Shaggystyle - Even though this thread is old, thanks for continuing to post...I just purchased an '08 and did the mod based on the info you and others have posted.

MORTI !

M.A.MEMBER
Reaction score
WWW.KOBO.CO.UK
Hey if you have a better way, I am all for it. I did not have a wiring diagram when I did this.
I havent seen any problems as of 4500 miles, with lots of night riding, often 200 miles at night on unlit roads.
I do agree that riding around with the highs on at low rpms is not the best of ideas. LOL
Again if there is a better way I would really like it if you would post another thread, with your instructions. Its not a problem at all to put both of them in links in one thread giving options or if there is proof positive that one way is better it will be the recomended way.
This place is to help FZ6 owners and if I did something wrong, I am all for fixing it.
hello the correct way is tank off, complete air box of, battery out, behind batterycase which you need too pull forward is large plug within loom for headlights pull it apart......theres a spare pin space 3rd from one end where a large green wire backs into...make a pin or splice into the green wire ...run it up to the headlamp and your finished... I read somewhere that wiring it up the other ways can overload the switch...but cant find the site anymore....the high and low beam transfer works properly.....this takes time purely because your stripping more of the bike down.... i also fitted xenon bulbs from halfords a bit expensive but 90% (supposedly) brighter....but honestly at night you can see and be seen for miles etremely bluish white light....hope this helps...im sure this is the way yamaha would do it...