07-09 Mirror extenders

C

CoolATIGuy

Did anyone ever send pics/measurements for pre-'06 bikes to confirm compatibility?

C

CoolATIGuy

Will send PM - not sure if it will work though. Here are a few pics I took of the bracket (sorry for the quality, phone camera at night - can take better photos with digital SLR during daytime later). It looks like on the newer bikes it's just a molded plastic piece?

On our older bikes, it's a multi-piece bracket that's covered by a rubber sheath - with the extender, the rubber sheath would most likely not fit, looking strange and exposing hinges to the elements.

Big Yamaha fz6 fazer abs motorcycle picture and wallpaper

Big Yamaha fz6 fazer motorcycle picture and wallpaper

Thoughts?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Thanks for the photo's, joeSTL had tried a set on his pre 07 and came to the same conclusion that the rubber sheath would look funny and the brackets would be exposed and look goofy. I still need to find a pre 07 and take a good look, one can always find a way but it may cost $$$.

Jerry

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
well if you do I would definitely love to hear about it (and would shell out some cash too) - I'm really sick of the short arms on my mirrors but am not really convinced by the r6 mirror fix....

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
any chance of maybe getting the parts you need to figure it out from this bike ?

or do you really need a whole bike to look at?

SpinFire51

Reaction score
Visit site
Jerry, love the extenders!! I'm a pretty big guy, 6'1" with broad shoulders. It's really nice to see behind me without dropping my shoulders to check. Thanks again!

Wade

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's been a long time since this thread was started but any chance you still have some of these for sale?

I just called (Jerry) Jblk9695 and he thinks he has a set in his garage. He will get back to us. :)