04-06 ABS model braided lines upgrade?

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been thinking about upgrading to stainless steel braided lines as I'm due to change the brake fluid (like yesterday!). I have an 06 ABS model. From searches on here I know some people have upgraded to SS lines on 07+ ABS models, but these seems to have been a problem getting SS lines from Hel and other manufacturers for the 04 - 06.

Has anyone done this mod with an 04 - 06? If so what lines did you use? Would an 07+ SS line kit work? I know they changed the calipers from 2 sliding pot to 4 opposed piston calipers, but would the lines work nonetheless?

jcfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't see why it wouldn't work really as long as the banjo bolts for the calipers are in a similar location. The abs is only a sensor and sensor wheel near the rotor correct? I know there are more components but they would not be in the way of the brake lines. As long as you can route the lines from the MC to the calipers it should be OK. I just got a set of HEL lines for my 07 and there was plenty of length to play around with the position of the banjo's on the caliper. This is just a guess tho. good luck