Dupli-Color BGM0506 Indigo matches Cobalt blue- $6.99

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jeez take a Prozac. "Almost perfect match" isn't good enough, it might as well be red if it isn't the right colour. Next time don't bother sharing it if you are going to be such a turd when someone calls you out on it.

LMAO! It looks pretty d@mn good to me and everyone else that sees it. If it is not good enough for others that is their problem not mine. :D

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Cutting corners on your projects is not worth the stress if you are sensitive. Sorry to hear about all the hardship it caused. Hopefully this will be a learning experience for you. :thumbup:

yadda yadda yadda :Flip:

you=:ban: :rof:

your posts are :spam:

you looking at your totally awesome paintjob :drool:

:BLAA:

Thanks, this is fun. Oh and if you are offering up your own share of Prozac, then ok I will mail you my address.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yadda yadda yadda :Flip:

you=:ban: :rof:

your posts are :spam:

you looking at your totally awesome paintjob :drool:

:BLAA:

Thanks, this is fun. Oh and if you are offering up your own share of Prozac, then ok I will mail you my address.

LMAO, wow how special. It clearly states in the original post it is not a perfect match but I assume your reading comprehension skills are subpar. You spent a few bucks trying to cut corners and it did not work out for you. Get over it and spend the money on the colorite paint so you can sleep at night. My bike looks great, did you wreck yours or something and have to replace body parts with cheap aftermarket items and repaint?

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
LMAO, wow how special. It clearly states in the original post it is not a perfect match but I assume your reading comprehension skills are subpar. You spent a few bucks trying to cut corners and it did not work out for you. Get over it and spend the money on the colorite paint so you can sleep at night. My bike looks great, did you wreck yours or something and have to replace body parts with cheap aftermarket items and repaint?

Honestly its tolerable. It's just the plastic sides of the headlight since I am doing the naked headlight conversion since you are so interested in learning. Maybe you take me for a 20 or 30 year old or something, if so not my fault. I clearly stated its just not THAT close of a match. It's not whining, I'm stating a fact. It was basically just to tell others and you got offended thinking I was flaming you. So honestly its not me who is the sensitive one here. And you cut corners and so do we all. I'm not going to lose sleep over how different the colors look but thank you for worrying about me like that. Now are we done with the junior high stuff here or do we keep going until the thread is locked?

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly its tolerable. It's just the plastic sides of the headlight since I am doing the naked headlight conversion since you are so interested in learning. Maybe you take me for a 20 or 30 year old or something, if so not my fault. I clearly stated its just not THAT close of a match. It's not whining, I'm stating a fact. It was basically just to tell others and you got offended thinking I was flaming you. So honestly its not me who is the sensitive one here. And you cut corners and so do we all. I'm not going to lose sleep over how different the colors look but thank you for worrying about me like that. Now are we done with the junior high stuff here or do we keep going until the thread is locked?

If it did not match to your liking then maybe you used the wrong primer. The tail bag I painted was blue to start with so if you started with lets say a white base then yes you are going to have a more difficult time in matching the paint.

I posted up photos and the paint code for a near perfect match for my applications. It is up to others to make the decision on if it meets their needs and if they are willing to risk a few bucks in testing it on their own bike to see if it works for them. Personally it worked out fantastic for me, no where in my posts did I guarantee that it would meet the needs of others. That is the risk you take (if you can even call it that) when you mod something or try to save a few bucks. If it did not work for you then so be it, move on it happens sometimes. If it did work for you, then fantastic that is great.

I think it is pretty obvious looking at the photos there is a small difference in color but it looks exactly like it does in person. Of course like anything else, depending on the time of day, if it is sunny or overcast or raining etc it will appear a little different but the photos are an accurate representation of what my tailbag looks like after it was painted. If your application looks different then that is not my problem. Repaint it and move on if it bothers you. I tried to share my experience with the community which is what it is here for. Again if it did not work for you, it happens sometimes. Maybe the parts you were working with just simply did not match up as well.

thecariboumoose

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate to bring back up the dead thread, and how wild it got, but I have to just say that i tried out the paint code, and it matched pretty close.... half the time. THe cobalt blue has a two color paint to it, check out the color brite website. This paint matched fairly close in the dark shade and shadows where the cobalt blue appears to be that deep navy almost purple hue, but when in direct sunlight... ie when you are riding, or actually out using the bike, your pieces still like deep navy purple while your bike is looking this awesome bold blue color.
I appreciate your willingness to share the paint code, unfortunately I think for must members and users they will be disappointed if they try it, though it is a cheap route to a blue paint.

I have been getting quotes around town from different body shops to have my tcp cowl painted (150, 180, 225, 300$$$ :( ) and due to the acrylic nature of the blue spray paint, the repair shops are adding additional costs to materials, apparently acrylic and urethane paints dont play nicely, and "lizard skin" paint cracks and lines and ripples will start to appear, soo added labor and materials.

SO from one FZr to the next, Im all for DIY's, thought i wish i had never found this thread.....

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate to bring back up the dead thread, and how wild it got, but I have to just say that i tried out the paint code, and it matched pretty close.... half the time. THe cobalt blue has a two color paint to it, check out the color brite website. This paint matched fairly close in the dark shade and shadows where the cobalt blue appears to be that deep navy almost purple hue, but when in direct sunlight... ie when you are riding, or actually out using the bike, your pieces still like deep navy purple while your bike is looking this awesome bold blue color.
I appreciate your willingness to share the paint code, unfortunately I think for must members and users they will be disappointed if they try it, though it is a cheap route to a blue paint.

I have been getting quotes around town from different body shops to have my tcp cowl painted (150, 180, 225, 300$$$ :( ) and due to the acrylic nature of the blue spray paint, the repair shops are adding additional costs to materials, apparently acrylic and urethane paints dont play nicely, and "lizard skin" paint cracks and lines and ripples will start to appear, soo added labor and materials.

SO from one FZr to the next, Im all for DIY's, thought i wish i had never found this thread.....

Yeah it looks terrible, it is not an EXACT match for under $10.00. That is what you get for cutting corners and not spending $300+ for the paint.

a6a00285.jpg

6068682f.jpg

708acd71.jpg

Last edited:

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
I bet it's not as fast now with that almost perfectly matched color....
Shame it was the fastest color, now your lucky if your faster then a silver one.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you think a nice thick coat of clear over the topcoat would help with the depth?
If a guy was painting a dark part and used the indigo sparingly untill he achieved the corrrect match then follow up with a couple of heavy clear coats to give depth and shine. Do you think it would work? :thumbup:

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Always love to revive a dead thread and a feisty one at that!!

Heres my method to getting a closer to factory, NB CLOSER not exact! If you want exact google Colorrite or pay a body shop!

I picked up the 08 a month or so ago and the previous owner dropped the bike so the usual suspects on the left side are scratched. I took off the left side cover to repair as I see it every time I get on the bike and it bugged the crap out of me!

First, I sanded to remove the worst of the scratches and small amount of body filler to repair the deepest scratch. I primed (black) the repair and the edges and wet sanded smooth. I applied 3 coats of Dupli Indigo Metallic. Wet Sanded with 1200G and applied 3 coats of Dupli Protective Clear. Finally wet sanded with 2000G and polished back to a high shine.

The color is very close, it doesn't have the subtle purple-ish tint in certain lights and the metallic flecks are not exactly the same as the factory color has BUT for a finished in the garage for under $20 its very close. As you can see from the images its close enough that until I decide to repaint the whole bike (probably a winter project) I don't have to look down at the scratches.

Thought these images would give a more realistic look at the rattle can vs factory. This is out in morning sun light so about as harsh a test as possible.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol revived a thread from the dead!

Glad it worked out for you! Some people are just a little nutty and expect the world for free and others are well....somewhat sane in their expectations :D

It worked out great for me, you can't beat the price considering how much the oem color paint is!