Bike Week NH

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
So I am heading up to NH on the 12 and wanted to see if any of the local guys wanted to get together that week at some point to do some riding...

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live smack in the middle of it, were are you staying and what would you like check out while your up(specific places, good twisties,scenic areas??), I could do some after work rides or may take a day off from work myself, I tend to avoid the sitting in traffic with a thousand harleys though...

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
I am actually originally from Belmont NH so I know the area pretty well and will be crashing between my parents place and where ever else I end up with friend. I hear you on avoiding the miles of harleys so I am up for anything, I have never had a bike while living in NH so I would be interested in hitting up some of the roads up in the mountains and see where it takes me. Let me know what your schedule looks like and we can get some miles on the bikes... my only plans are to watch guys crash at the hill climbs on Wed.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on the days you'll be riding, I might be able to tag along, especially on a weekend. Keep me posted guys.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I have no clue what my plans are for that weekend but I might be interested too -- too soon to tell.

And I'm not so keen on sitting in long lines either -- been there done that and had my share of smog.

Dennis

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I am thinking I can take either the 16th,17th,18th off, plus a week end day were I'm not working anyway, we could do some back road fun stuff, heading up north, avoiding the downtown mess, 1/2 day or all day type ride..lets get some preliminary dates/ideas up here, see what looks good for everyone!!

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I am thinking I can take either the 16th,17th,18th off, plus a week end day were I'm not working anyway, we could do some back road fun stuff, heading up north, avoiding the downtown mess, 1/2 day or all day type ride..lets get some preliminary dates/ideas up here, see what looks good for everyone!!

If you guys decide to do anything that weekend (19th-20th) let me know......I could ride up and join you.

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
I can do any day from the 13th to the 19th with exception for wednesday... hill climbs and beer are calling already.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, the 19th sounds like a good day so far,( I think I'm still going to take a week day off before the masses come up) anyone else...ideas on routes places you wanted to go, obviously traffic will be an issue, but I'm sure we can plan a few routes that won't have tons of traffic.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Michele and I might be up for a ride on the 19th. :D Let me know what the plans are and a place to meet and I'll let her decide. It is tight though because we have a ton of work here with projects that need attention.

Thanks all!

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Eric...sneak a day off mid week, we'll go bomb, er a check a route prior to Saturday. Tell Michelle PLEASE:D From me:D

Eric.

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds good to me, let pick a meeting place a time, we can worry about the route later... or the day of :)

If anyone else is riding during the week let me know I gave up my time off for riding over SCUBA so you better believe I am getting the most riding out of this trip as I can... that and the trailer rental isnt cheap either... nor is the gas for my Jeep SRT8

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Eric, I'll see what I can do. :D I don't have much for vacation time with Sept 9th through the 26th off for the Deal's Gap/Smokey Mtns tour...

Since your a customer, maybe I can convince the boss to allow me a "business trip" to check on you. :D

Michele has even less time so she'd likely be along only on Saturday.

I'll work on it. :thumbup:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, it looks weather wise(so far) the 17th is a good day for a ride, and again on saturday the 19th... so chime in, we'll just pick a place and time and see what happens from there!! there are great back roads from concord north that are quite scenic...a ride around the lake or whatever. who's coming?? I'm riding no matter what, It would be great to have some others from the forum!! :rockon:

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
Im there on both days... well 95% sure unless I get roped into doing something with family I havent seen in years (trying to keep my trip as quiet as possible) let me know when and where you want to meet and I will be there.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dunkin Donuts @ Rt140&106, Belmont. Say 8:00ish, I have a fairly good route in mind that has some great roads about 45-50 miles, or whatever looks good that day.

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds good... I can pretty much see that Dunkins from my mothers house. So see you thursday at 8ish

Roln 106

Reaction score
Visit site
Currently I am planning on coming up Saturday and was kicking around the idea of the second half of Friday.

If so, I would probably be staying in Salem Friday night and ride back up Saturday. I guess it comes down to if there are people to ride with.

I believe my friends (non-forum members/non-FZ6 riders) will be riding up Saturday, so currently I believe Saturday for me is a definite.

I've never been to bike week, so I'd like to check out the "scene" a bit, but also want to get in as much riding as possible.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So 2 confirmed for a Thursday ride, anyone else??

SATURDAY!!! looks like a day were many more could make it, so lets get some chatter going about it!! we could all do the obligatory ride through the "weirs" and represent.... YO :rolleyes: the "FZ6Forum" and then head out from there to more calm locations or Vice Versa. or if some prefer a short park and check out the sites, or we could take over the hells angels club for the night:D j/k

Any other concepts, ideas,routes, suggestions????

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
like i said I will likely be good for a saturday ride too... assuming i dont get too drunk the night before and that I havent procrastinated on my homework either. I plan to check out the weirs before hand so I am open to whatever else people want to do, so I am not opposed to checking out the sights and then going for a ride or vice versa.