Bike Week NH

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good, just hoping we'll a have a group for a Saturday ride!! Even a cruise through would work...

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hm... I just might be able to do Saturday if it's ok to take a non FZ6 bike. Hopefully, the wife will buy into it.

Dennis

Absolutely!! the bike doesn't matter, just having a good safe time does!! We have all next week to get it together, so In my opinion.... it's a ya'll come ride!!

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be interested in hearing anyone's thoughts who went. I've only done one "ride/ event" type thing. Even when I had my cruiser, I really wasn't into it at all. Spend the better part of 3 hours in second gear riding the clutch and dodging potholes due to my lane position.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Dunkin Donuts @ Rt140&106, Belmont. Say 8:00ish, I have a fairly good route in mind that has some great roads about 45-50 miles, or whatever looks good that day.

This one right?

Dunkin Donuts
918 Laconia Road, Belmont, NH 03220

Not sure if I can make Thursday but I'm going to see if I can ditch work that day.

That address is 1 hour or so North of where I live.

Dennis

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This one right?

Dunkin Donuts
918 Laconia Road, Belmont, NH 03220

Not sure if I can make Thursday but I'm going to see if I can ditch work that day.

That address is 1 hour or so North of where I live.

Dennis

Yep that's the one, 250' north of the intersection of Rt140 & 106

It'd be great to see you there. Might you be up for a Saturday ride as well??

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We're going to be last minute. We're waiting on some news for my wife. If anyone talks to God, please put in a good word or two for her? She really needs it... Thanks!

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Prayers on their way Eric! Hope all turns out well, hope to see you BOTH!! soon.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep that's the one, 250' north of the intersection of Rt140 & 106

It'd be great to see you there. Might you be up for a Saturday ride as well??

I'm most likely there for Saturday (I got my wife's permission :D) I just have to figure out if I want to be there at 8am (implies I've to leave my house 7am). We'll see how it goes as we get closer to Saturday and if the weather looks good/warm, etc.

I've to ask for Thursday off -- not to mention kids are off school starting Wednesday.

Dennis

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
(I got my wife's permission :D)

I feel your pain;)

Hope you can make it for both !! By the way It might be advised to bring some rain gear, 30% chance of showers for Thursday am, clearing in the afternoon.

Saturday clear skies, high temp near 90:thumbup:!!!!

Last edited:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Any plans yet for Saturday? I'm about 3 hours away so I would have to consider that for meeting up. I'm taking all my vacation time next month for my ride south.

Eric, I hope all is well with your wife and I will say a prayer for her.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Any plans yet for Saturday? I'm about 3 hours away so I would have to consider that for meeting up. I'm taking all my vacation time next month for my ride south.

Eric, I hope all is well with your wife and I will say a prayer for her.

It'd be good to see you again Cheryl.

Hm... 3 hours away -- I guess if you make it for an 8am meeting, I shouldn't complain about my 1 hour ride up.

I requested Thursday off but no one talked about it as they dumped a ton of things for me to do in the meeting I just got out of.

Dennis

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It'd be good to see you again Cheryl.

Hm... 3 hours away -- I guess if you make it for an 8am meeting, I shouldn't complain about my 1 hour ride up.

I requested Thursday off but no one talked about it as they dumped a ton of things for me to do in the meeting I just got out of.

Dennis

Ok so lets say Saturday, meeting at 9:00 am, brainstorm a quick route, then make it happen. Again a ride through the weirs for those that have not seen or wish to see the "spectacle" again. It should be the best weather day we have this time around.

I am doing the ride Thursday and again Saturday no matter, so lets start the list.

Thursday 06/17/10 8:00 am @ Dunkin Donuts, Laconia Rd, Belmont NH

Oldfast007 (Eric)
Yamaowner
gjpollman

Saturday 06/19/10 9:00 am @ DD's or elswhere
Oldfast007
Dennis in NH
gjpollman?

Add your name and post post up!!

Last edited:

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wondering when we get closer to Thursday and figure out where we're riding, we can setup a meeting point or two to pick up a few later riding folks.

This way, if the alarm clock malfunctions or something causes us to not wake up, we have a known place to meet. I'm guessing we'll stop perhaps every hour or so which will give us time to send a voicemail/text message out to see where everyone is at.

The 9am thing is probably ok for me; I'm guessing I93 North is not so bad at that hour -- although I93 might be.

I can PM my cell phone number to the relevant folks say Wednesday night.

Dennis

yamaowner

Reaction score
Visit site
Thursday ride from Hudson

Anyone from Derry, Londonderry, Manchester or Litchfield (or anywhere else) want to meet in Hudson at the White Hen on 102 early Thursday. (I'm thinking 6:15)

PM or reply.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Thursday ride from Hudson

We won't be able to make this trip. We've got too much to do here.

On a side note, I want to thank you for the thoughts and prayers. We got GREAT news today. Michele doesn't have cancer! She still, however, will need surgery and will be down for at least two months. This does change the whole procedure and treatment though and we are greatly relieved!

Perhaps in July or early Aug, we can plan a VT weekend again?

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wondering when we get closer to Thursday and figure out where we're riding, we can setup a meeting point or two to pick up a few later riding folks.

This way, if the alarm clock malfunctions or something causes us to not wake up, we have a known place to meet. I'm guessing we'll stop perhaps every hour or so which will give us time to send a voicemail/text message out to see where everyone is at.

The 9am thing is probably ok for me; I'm guessing I93 North is not so bad at that hour -- although I93 might be.

I can PM my cell phone number to the relevant folks say Wednesday night.

Dennis

I can plan a preliminary route for the Thursday ride (I'm am trying to work with google maps for route, but it does not like me!) and we can discuss the best options for Saturday, with multiple options for a later meet up elsewhere. So that all who wish can come and ride. I am open to any ideas for a ride so long as does not require sitting if traffic for two to three hours to go nowhere. I've had my fill of that from my years on the FD.

I'll shoot you a pm with my cell if you wish.