Puig Windscreen on 07

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well here's the first mod of several for this week. This is the Puig racing windscreen for the 07/08 fairing. It took the guys at the local Cycle Gear store a bit to find a supplier who carried it. The color is regular smoke.

I'm noticing in general there are not too many aftermarket parts of the FZ6, and even fewer for the 07.

The install was dirt simple and took all of about 5 minutes.

I haven't ridden with it yet as the back half of the bike is on the garage floor waiting on the Akrapovic... Tomorrow they tell me, just like yesterday! :(

Pete

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it, very nice :thumbup:

Also does it distort at all when looking through it (as if viewed from a gas tank camera mount?)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice :thumbup: it is double bubble?

how much ?

Yes it is a double bubble. It was about $83.XX after tax.

As far as distortion I don't know yet. I'll find out this weekend.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lookin good pete.
what akropovic did you get? carbon,stainless?

It's Ti, the whole enchilada! I got it on today, I'll post photos and stuff this weekend. It looks great and is very quiet, I was pleasently surprised, on the quiet part that is.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Well here's the first mod of several for this week. This is the Puig racing windscreen for the 07/08 fairing. It took the guys at the local Cycle Gear store a bit to find a supplier who carried it. The color is regular smoke.

I'm noticing in general there are not too many aftermarket parts of the FZ6, and even fewer for the 07.

The install was dirt simple and took all of about 5 minutes.

I haven't ridden with it yet as the back half of the bike is on the garage floor waiting on the Akrapovic... Tomorrow they tell me, just like yesterday! :(

Pete

So how do you like it??

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So how do you like it??

I likes it! I like the smoke, there is a darker one too. I like the larger air pocket the taller screen provides, I like the fit and finish, it's a quality product.

Y

yukon_alex

Pete: What brand/model of tank bag is that? I am looking to buy and that one would seem to fit my needs well. Does it move around? Is it a magnetic or strap mount? Ok, enough questions...

The screen is awesome. When I go looking (and I am sure I will be) the Puig's going to be at the top of my list.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pete: What brand/model of tank bag is that? I am looking to buy and that one would seem to fit my needs well. Does it move around? Is it a magnetic or strap mount? Ok, enough questions...

The screen is awesome. When I go looking (and I am sure I will be) the Puig's going to be at the top of my list.

Hi Alex!

Hope you're staying warm up there!

It's a Cortech Super 10 Liter Tank bag. Cortech :: Luggage :: Super 10 Liter Tank Bag

It has a lot of neat pockets, one for sunglasses, a small one in that I keep the garage door opener in, it also has a rain cover, a port for head phone cables, and it is magnetic.

It is expensive and I didn't know the price until the dealer was ringing up the bike and the other things that I bought. But I really do like it, well made. It doesn't move one bit. To be honest I'm surprised at how well it works. it sticks like glue!

I think that for touring I would need a much larger bag. This one is basically a purse for me. insurance, manuals, air gauge, hat, gum, 9mm, etc. No lipstick or powder however.

Y

yukon_alex

Thanks for the info, Pete. I have looked at this bag in my browsing of the 'net. Staying warm is all relative: I am warm when inside and cold outside! It was -50c with the wind today. Hehe. Keeps the people that don't LOVE the place out!

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the info and pics guys. I just ordered my Puig racing screen from motorcycle-superstore.com. I got them to price match the kneedraggers.com price ($71.95), and my friend ordered some flush mounts along with it, so we got free shipping.:D

lewis6681

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the Puig screen as well, thanks to all for posting the pics!

Edit: kneedraggers emailed me and said the smoke screen is on backorder... :( I'll have to wait till June to get mine on.