Quick Shifter

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the PC111 USB, and it works great as i mentioned in another thread, I also looked at the QUICK SHIFTER does anyone know what the pros and cons. It makes sence and looks interresting. Is it worth it, i mean as far as by-passing the throttle % and going clutchless look like a good idea. I was reading and it looks like something i might be getting. On the website Welcome to Power Commander III USB Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module got me thinking.

H

HavBlue

I installed the PC111 USB, and it works great as i mentioned in another thread, I also looked at the QUICK SHIFTER does anyone know what the pros and cons. It makes sence and looks interesting. Is it worth it, i mean as far as by-passing the throttle % and going clutchless look like a good idea. I was reading and it looks like something i might be getting. On the website Welcome to Power Commander III USB Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module got me thinking.

Are you planning on doing a lot of racing? Not track days, racing all out? They can be adjusted for road riding parameters but they're really for those split seconds you are trying to gain in an effort to win. By cutting the ignition for a millisecond the system takes the load off the trans allowing for upshift under full throttle without using the clutch. Similar systems are used for running juice on bikes.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol, as far as paint i spent about $900, as far as mods:
1-frame sliders $60
2-(pro-bolt) -RED engine bolts $50
3- RED sprocket nuts $40
4- RED yolk nut $20
5- RED oil filler cap $25
6- RED pegs driver and passenger $150
7- RED bar ends $35
8- Scorpion carbon fiber slip-ons $450
9- F/E kit $100
10-seat cowl $150
11- belly pan $175
12- 520 RED chain and sprocket kit $180
13- PC111 $180
14- stickers (yamaha swing-arm, rims, wind screen) $200
15- on the way PC111 quick shifter about $270
16- shift jacket $200
17- gloves $60
18- helmet $275
19- shift pant $225
20- boots $120
21-camel hydration back pack $80
22- RED LED kit $165
and i think that's it for now, so all totaled up= about $3,200.

allmost complete with bike mods $PRICLESS

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
metzlers 3 on the way, Santa i think got a flat or something, o wait christmass in on tuesday, damn that fat man, as far as suspention not sure on what i will be going to. Still looking threw the forum and not sure which one yet, ohli's to much, so after the new year the bike will be looked at hard and heavy. I need it up and above par for the RC in 08.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ha ha mike, hey before the RC in may, if you are willing, maybe we can get together maybe with some other floridians north carolinans and go for a good saturday or sunday ride. I have no problem comeing up there to you.

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
you can shift without using the clutch stock, its the same thing as using a quickshifter except you have to let off the throttle, where as the QS will do it for you.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
^^ +1 Ped. I use "clutchless shifting" all the time on the highway. Just pre-load your shifter pedal, let off the throttle a tad and SNICK, up the gears ya go. It's pretty damn 'quick' if you ask me.
PC111 quick shifter about $270
Pay me the $270 and I'll ride beside you and pull in your clutch for ya.... I think there are a few Honda-matics still kicking around and could prob be had for the same $270! lol

Last edited:

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I change up without the clutch if I'm going real quick but with our congested highways and the FZ6's engine response it's not really necessary. It's quite easy to do without any trick box as Boneman says. Just make sure you take up the slack in the pedal with your toe then when you are ready to go drop the revs a tad and SNICK:thumbup:

W

wrightme43

Yep I do the same. You know you could send it back, and use the $270 for a nice track school. Thats what I want to do. Rider training is the most effective upgrade for any motorcycle.

H

HavBlue

^^ +1 Ped. I use "clutchless shifting" all the time on the highway. Just pre-load your shifter pedal, let off the throttle a tad and SNICK, up the gears ya go. It's pretty damn 'quick' if you ask me.

Pay me the $270 and I'll ride beside you and pull in your clutch for ya.... I think there are a few Honda-matics still kicking around and could prob be had for the same $270! lol

Yeah or he could by a Ridley automatic......Giggle, Giggle...

We have been clutchless shifting our dirt bikes for years. I could think of other mods for the 270. What's this 200 bucks for Yamaha swingarm stickers? Were they made of gold or something?

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it was 200 for the rims, swingarm and the windscreen, but the windscreen isa a vinyl wrap. I did feal a little wierd in the A@# when i left there. I should have bought the Puigg instead.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking 3 -4 thousand of mods to a 6,800 bike..... criminies... you could have had an FZ1 and new exhaust

I never understand this thought process. It's a toy for one. Second, who says he'd enjoy (broad word) the FZ1 as much as the modded FZ6?

criminies...does that mean "craziness" or "out of control" or "silly" or something along those lines?
________
Recall Avandia

Last edited:

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I never understand this thought process. It's a toy for one. Second, who says he'd enjoy (broad word) the FZ1 as much as the modded FZ6?

Good point .... and well taken.... I have resisted modding the FZ6 because I see the FZ1 in my future.

I modified the Harley and enjoy it --- so I can enjoy modding things

H

HavBlue

I modified the Harley and enjoy it --- so I can enjoy modding things

I don't know about the Harley you ride but I got 13hp out of a bit of work and $600.00 if you include the roller time with mine. Somebody want to venture a guess as to the cost of 13hp for an FZ6?

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
thats what i was getting at too, $270 would be alot better spent on fork/shock upgrades, track school, trackdays, brakes, race suit, etc...hell can i have your money? :)

Last edited: