SMC-600 Bike Carrier

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a 99# package in the mail today. It was my new bike carrier from discountramps.com.

While building it, I had a couple of pet peeves, but nothing major.

When attaching the ramp frame to the trapezoid braces, it does not specify which direction to put it in. I found out later the holes on the ends are different sizes to accommodate the spacers that keep the tie-down bars from rattling. Make sure the bigger holes are facing the down.

Next the 5/8" holes to put the hitch peg through weren't perfectly lined up, so my 5/8" locking peg wouldn't fit. I did get the 1/2" bolt w/ spacer to fit, so no big deal. I'll probably Dremel the hole just a little once I remove the rack to make it work.

Lastly, the wheel chock does not swivel smoothly at all. I ended up loosening the bolts a lot and re-tightening them after the bike was on the ramp. It would be awesome if they used those bolt spacers on it so it would swivel buttery smooth while the bolts were cranked down.

Overall though, the hitch was definitely worth the scratch I blew on it, and I'll be giving it a good test with a 3200 mile round trip next month. (and now my truck sits level instead of being hiked up in the back like normal)