Yuck.........

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Curious, i don't like the front at all, some of the other bits have been nicely reworked though.

Also the performance is down, one step forward two steps back?

I am curious though as to how much of that bike is interchangable with older models like my 05. That lower fairing for example, would that fit mine?
Same for exhasut and other bits ....

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
If they dropped the price down to 6k and not 7k I think it'd be a nice deal and definitely better than the ninja 500 (UGLY 15 year old pos design) or GS500f

kkiser69

Reaction score
Visit site
two pixs of the R I took last weekend at the Int'l Motorcycle Show in DC...

the one real fuzzy (taken on my iphone) is supposed to show the exhaust setup.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
If they dropped the price down to 6k and not 7k I think it'd be a nice deal and definitely better than the ninja 500 (UGLY 15 year old pos design) or GS500f
Oi! :spank: My last bike was the Ninja 500 and I loved it. :thumbup: It's the most powerful 500 out there and is a great design - albeit a 20 year old design. It does great as a racer, canyon twister, commuter and tourer with one or two upgrades/changes. There aren't many bikes that have been sold for the last 20 years with so little changes or that are still running 20 years later (checkout Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R - Index and you'll see people who are still running bikes from 1989 and earlier! Although it does look out of date now I like to think of the styling as "retro" :D The GS500f has quite a following too btw.

Sorry for the rant but I don't think bikes should be knocked just for being old or having small engines!

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha / Suzuki / Honda ... and much more...
...but I'm a Yamay guy...
Weight : full tank with oil etc. aprox 20-25kg, now what is your weight (common weight), and then do you race or not - WHAT IS THE ISSUE - reliable R6 engine, good looking, FZ6R is my next bike. FZ1 cross my mind more than once but, fuel and assurance, well...

ironman

Reaction score
Visit site
Oi! :spank: My last bike was the Ninja 500 and I loved it. :thumbup: It's the most powerful 500 out there and is a great design - albeit a 20 year old design. It does great as a racer, canyon twister, commuter and tourer with one or two upgrades/changes. There aren't many bikes that have been sold for the last 20 years with so little changes or that are still running 20 years later (checkout Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R - Index and you'll see people who are still running bikes from 1989 and earlier! Although it does look out of date now I like to think of the styling as "retro" :D The GS500f has quite a following too btw.

Sorry for the rant but I don't think bikes should be knocked just for being old or having small engines!

+1 on that. I would rather ride the ninja 500 any day. It is a super reliable bike and (like was stated before) has retro style instead of retro technology with new ugly style. At least the ninja has an excuse for its shortfalls. . . its 20 years old. Think about how many steps back this fz6r really is from our fz6. 1. weight 2. fuel capacity 3. power 4. tubular steel frame (c-mon that's just archaic) 5. fz6 stylish underseat exhaust to the hoakey looking midship corn-hole 6. narrower tires 7. and on and on

And that isn't even mentioning things like all of the versatility issues that there are with this bike that underperforms our fz. . . Like how weird it would look to fit that "just like a true supersport bike" with a top case and go touring on it. People would get out of their cars at gas stations just to laugh at you.

I think I would rather ride the new t-max scooter than this POS. But that is just my humble opinion. To each his own. At least I don't have to own it.