Yuck.........

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably already been posted. Here it is if it has not been. I don't like it at all. They made it "R"eally Wussy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDnL3rIrpCM"]YouTube - 2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Oliepeil.nl[/ame]

Last edited:

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that it doesnt make me happy in the neather regions. But they do make it very apealing to new riders. It seems like it would be a good entry level bike.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah it has been discussed, i like the styling, but not the performance, i maintain that it was produced to replace the YZF600R that was stopped in 2007.

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did they use "weight" as one of the high points in the ad??????? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

IMO that is one of the worst features of the bike (i.e. it's super heavy). Can't believe they would even mention it.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't realize until now that the "R" has only one headlight. :eek:
That just isn't right.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
its just got wondering if that split seat setup could be adapted to the fz6

I was just thinking along those lines. At the end of the advert I had two thoughts:-

1. "Jesus they treating new riders like complete numpties!"
2. "Well at least the seat looks nice"

:D

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Are they trying to compete with the gsxr 500 and the ninja 500? If so, of those three, it looks the best.

Kawasaki revamped the Ninja 250r, and it is now one of the best selling bikes. Maybe this is what they were wanting to do?

demilus

Reaction score
Visit site
The front end looks like a freaking gixxer!! WTF Yamaha!!! They went from the gorgeous FZ6 and R6 to that?!?

I would sooner ride a ninja 250 than that, although the seat is neat.

Definately geared towards new riders as, IMO, anyone who has ridden before will look at that and laugh.

How many times did they say, "Just like a real supersport!" I was ready to freak by the end!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I must be the ony one who thnk it looks cool. It is what it is, a downgrade from our current FZ but it's still cool as hell. I wouldn't be ashamed to ride one.

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess it is OK. Why didn't they just call it something completely different? Give it a new name. Why give it the FZ6 name if the only things that are similar is the riding position and the motor. The true FZ6 shares the same platform motor as the R6 but they don't call it the FZR6 or anything. So why not just give it a different name and not sully our beloved FZ6 name with a detuned and fully fared version? Even the half fared version (like my 07') is still considered a naked bike by many. So I say they should give it an new name and hell make it a bike of it's own. Call it the............... slappymcskippy6 or something of that nature :cheer: