Your help please

My '05 FZ6 I bought with 2000 miles on it, local trade in whom the dealer knew personally.

He too was an older gentleman (50 yrs or so) who decided he didn't need 2 bikes. (He had a cruiser)

I went straight from clutch 4-wheelers to the FZ6, after riding a 250cc Suzuki for the MSF course (which I suggest for EVERYONE).

I think it's a great well-rounded bike with alot of mod opportunities, and inexpensive spare parts (if you happen to have a little spill) ;)

Good luck!

I started off getting 43 on my '07. But toward 1000 M it started climbing. Now I regularly get about 52 in mixed riding. 87 octane.

Hey Norm! Congrats on the bike. Great choice in model year and color :D

I live in Rowley, which is probably pretty close to you. When you get a few miles on your FZ, let me know if you want to go out and ride sometime.

By the way, was the first dealer you went to G&G cycles? If so, they put that 2006 together for me. Before they finished putting it together I found a 2008 up at Plaistow Powersports, loved the color and bought it.

Welcome abord!

John

Thank you Hollow on the follow up. It's good to know your bike is A1 now!
Thanks FZ6inNH for the info as well.
Thanks again everyone else for all your encourgement.

Looks like some T-storms today:( so I don't know how much riding I'll get in. I did sneak in a trip to the gas station to top off and a stop at Dunkin' Donuts. When I was there my son called me and asked me to bring home some donuts. I bought a couple of muffins and a couple of donuts and walked out expecting to throw them under the seat. Ooops! So I got a large plastic bag and tied it to one of the grab handles and off I went. When I got home my son said "Wow the muffins are really fresh!" I didn't tell him they were a little close to the exhaust.:Flash:

BTW, what are the members getting for gas mileage? I was getting 50 mpg with the Silver Wing. I don't expect that but I'm hoping to get a little better than the advertised 40 mpg on the Yamaha website.
I am getting right on the button 40 miles to the gallon. I am 6-2 250lbs riding normal mostly city riding. I don't know if thats good or not compared to other bikes but I must say it beats the heck out of my crew cab :)

Hi Norm I am 50 and 5`9" and came from a Suzuki Intruder 800 to the FZ6 and it is great. It only goes as quick as you let it and is great for racing or touring 2 up.

Buy the bike it is easy to ride.

mine is a 2006 and I have done 12000km since April and it has not caused me one single problem.

Steve

Thank you Hollow on the follow up. It's good to know your bike is A1 now!
Thanks FZ6inNH for the info as well.
Thanks again everyone else for all your encourgement.

Looks like some T-storms today:( so I don't know how much riding I'll get in. I did sneak in a trip to the gas station to top off and a stop at Dunkin' Donuts. When I was there my son called me and asked me to bring home some donuts. I bought a couple of muffins and a couple of donuts and walked out expecting to throw them under the seat. Ooops! So I got a large plastic bag and tied it to one of the grab handles and off I went. When I got home my son said "Wow the muffins are really fresh!" I didn't tell him they were a little close to the exhaust.:Flash:

BTW, what are the members getting for gas mileage? I was getting 50 mpg with the Silver Wing. I don't expect that but I'm hoping to get a little better than the advertised 40 mpg on the Yamaha website.

Congrats! Great deal, great bike and awesome color! ;)

You will get 40ish +/- 3 for the first few tanks. As you get closer to 2500 miles, the bike starts to get better mileage. My '08 is appraoching 4k and I'm getting just about 46 with long rids, and about 44 around town but I tend to keep the RPMs a bit high and run in low gears.

Ride safe! Don't forget the pics! :D

Hey Norm! Congrats on the bike. Great choice in model year and color :D

I live in Rowley, which is probably pretty close to you. When you get a few miles on your FZ, let me know if you want to go out and ride sometime.

By the way, was the first dealer you went to G&G cycles? If so, they put that 2006 together for me. Before they finished putting it together I found a 2008 up at Plaistow Powersports, loved the color and bought it.

Welcome abord!

John

John,

We must get together. I'm in the next town, West Newbury, and that is exactly what happened to me! Todd, at G and G was the sales guy. I then went to Plaistow Powersports just like you and there was a brand new '08! That is freaky! I will PM my cell # to you.

Norm

Some pics (too much rain to get out so far):

DSCN1198-1.jpg

DSCN1196.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg

I can't thank everyone enough for such a warm welcome. I've spent the last year and a half on a first class Scooter Forum (Maxi-Scoots) run by a most gracious and knowledgeable host named Dave Karpman. The people there have come to be family and as long as they'll have me I'll never leave. I must say however that this site is first class as well. When I screwed up my profile/username the Administrator kindly fixed it himself in no time flat and the members really mede me comfortable with my purchase and gave me the confidence to move to the FZ6. They also got me to check out my options which worked out as well. Here's to a great forum::thumbup:

Back