Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BKKFZ6

Regular Joe
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's one for you all...
What is the youngest age of a pillion that you have tranported? Under what conditions. eg: 4 year old, but only down the driveway to 2 day infant 20 miles home from the hospital? I'm just kinda curious.

(No it's not me! )
driving8.JPG

Last edited:
8yrs old but it was on my old ATC 350x three wheeler and he was in full gear. My oldest son wanted to go on one of my off-road trips so we bought gear and a fitting helmet and I took him.

On the street bike, 17yr old... My twins both wanted a ride on my (new then) 2005 FZ6. Full gear and off we went. My daughter is a great passenger, a natural at staying with me and putting her head over the shoulder inside of every corner. My son, being most of my size, was simply a difficult trip as we together nearly max out the capacity of the bike. It didn't handle well but I managed. I'd never do a two-up trip for any long distance with my bike when the two-up is at that capacity.

I started taking my boy when he was 9, he is now ten....wears full gear, and is an awesome pillion. Loves the bike! i like taking him on the bike, to share some of the fun there is to be had on a bike....

:thumbup:

I can't wait to take my sons out on the bike. My oldest in now 7 and the younger one is 4.

They look forward to going to the bike show every year and they've spent a lot of time 'helping' me work on the bike. It's cool that they're so interested in it already (their room is decorated with bike posters :thumbup: )

I'm thinking I'll wait another year or two before the older one gets to ride with me (mostly so mom won't freak out) and then it'll be ATGATT for him too.

I've also been looking into dirt bikes for them and I considered getting a Ural (sidecar rig) instead of an FZ6 so that they could ride with me earlier.

I've only taken one pillion, and it was an adult woman. I can't wait til my nephews are older and their parents let them come out with us (they are 8 and 4 right now)

Drew was 4 when he started riding with me. These were rides strictly in the subdivision. As he improved as a passenger, the trips got longer and more varied. Now, he rides his ZR7S Kawi I gave him for his 17th birthday. In 2008, we logged close to 4000 miles together in 6 states.

I took my daughter down the neighborhood street and back when she's 1.5 years old. I've taken my 4 & 7 year old sons around for a 5 minute street ride. My 8 & 10 year old sons ride with me for quite a while. My wife is my fav. passenger though.

for dirtbikes, I take them for a spin when they're 6-8 months old. My youngest son was riding his dirtbike w/o training wheels before his 3rd b-day :rockon:.

I'm all about full safety gear though. the only time they're allowed near their dirtbikes w/o full gear is to coast it down from the garage to the shed (not running), but I better not catch them even doing that w/ sandals on!!!

I have 6, 9, and 12 year old boys at home. I have taken all my sons around the block (all residential) a couple of times(ATGATT). My twelve year old rides with me at least once a week to church, and sometimes we will put in a 200 mile ride, rare, but sometimes. I don't take the other two boys out on the street, YET!

My son Ted was somewhere between 7 and 9 when I first let him ride with me on his Grandfathers fatcat at the Swamp.

We didn't have gear cause I was not back into riding yet (only had bicycle helmets on hand) but rode on occational visits. I let him steer (cause he could not touch the ground) and he got quite good.

While I guess it was a violation of the rules of wearing the proper gear I have now, it is a fond memory for both of us.

I was 4 my first time. By 5 I had been on 600km rides. I grew up on the bike, some of my best memories are on my dad's bikes. Now we ride together everywhere. Myself, I have my gf on the back as much as I can, never had anyone younger then 15 on my bike though.

i have no problems taking younger riders if they have some sort of gear that fits, but the youngest so far has been 15ish since they were using some of our extra gear (Keira's old Youth helmet)

I've only had one passenger on my bike and it was my wife. Her helmet kept hitting mine and it was really annoying after the first five minutes, so I turned around and went home.

I feel weird about people riding with young children on the back, even though I was raised on the back of a Harley and never wore full gear, helmet most of the time though.

I don't think that children are in the position to make the decision to not wear gear or take on the responsibility involved when getting on a motorcycle.

So it does bug me a little when I see a fully (or hardly) geared up rider with a young passenger on the back with no gear on. Even if the little passenger has gear it's not like they can reach the foot pegs so they are forced to hold on with nothing but arm strength, if their short arms can even fit around the driver.

Having said this I don't mean to judge but it is not very safe for small passengers on an adult bike.

But motorcycles are not entirely safe anyway, and we all still ride. I also can't say that I wouldn't give my kids a ride (I do not have kids) because I remember when I was young and I was being toted around the states by my dads and my uncles.

I guess if I never rode as a kid I probably wouldn't ride as much as I do today. V. Rossi's dad actually told him not to race motorcycles when he was young and tried to get him into karts instead, well we know how that turned out.

basically I don't like putting children at unnecessary risk but we can just live in a cocoon.

**I do applaud those of you that have their kids fully geared up, those little suits are awesome!!!

I feel weird about people riding with young children on the back, even though I was raised on the back of a Harley and never wore full gear, helmet most of the time though.

I don't think that children are in the position to make the decision to not wear gear or take on the responsibility involved when getting on a motorcycle.

So it does bug me a little when I see a fully (or hardly) geared up rider with a young passenger on the back with no gear on. Even if the little passenger has gear it's not like they can reach the foot pegs so they are forced to hold on with nothing but arm strength, if their short arms can even fit around the driver.

Having said this I don't mean to judge but it is not very safe for small passengers on an adult bike.

But motorcycles are not entirely safe anyway, and we all still ride. I also can't say that I wouldn't give my kids a ride (I do not have kids) because I remember when I was young and I was being toted around the states by my dads and my uncles.

I guess if I never rode as a kid I probably wouldn't ride as much as I do today. V. Rossi's dad actually told him not to race motorcycles when he was young and tried to get him into karts instead, well we know how that turned out.

basically I don't like putting children at unnecessary risk but we can just live in a cocoon.

**I do applaud those of you that have their kids fully geared up, those little suits are awesome!!!

Here in Canada it is actually a law that a passenger must be able to reach the foot pegs in order to ride. My dad wanted me on from 3 on, but I couldn't reach until just about 5. He even bought a bike with higher passenger pegs for me so I could ride with him. I have some amazing memories, and fully believe that I love bikes so much because I have been around them since a young age.

A new law proposal in Ontario is actually trying to ban any passenger under the age of 14. I disagree with this new idea, but it does have a good message. Be safe or don't ride.

As for full gear, I had it all. My own little leather jacket, my own neon red helmet and a nice pair of gloves. If you are going to ride with your kids, put some damn gear on them.

I've carried a foetus in a sandwich box for 8.6 miles. I used a properly sealing box to stop the amniotic fluid slopping out all over the back of the bike, just bungeed it on and it was fine.

I've carried a foetus in a sandwich box for 8.6 miles. I used a properly sealing box to stop the amniotic fluid slopping out all over the back of the bike, just bungeed it on and it was fine.

Are you saying that you carried a "fetus" on the back of your fz? In a sandwich box? What is a sandwich box? Is that like a lunch box?
If thats what you mean then that is slightly disturbing.

Back