(yet another) Snake/Mulholland video!!!

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been trying to get a decent & simple cam setup for a while now, and after having limited success with my ATC2K camera, bought a GoPro Hero Wide off of LERecords this week. He gave me a great deal on the whole package, and got it to me super fast!

Here is my first test with it... "The Snake" on Mulholland here in SoCal from a MotoGP-style behind the rider angle. Good for critiquing ones form :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gj_2Aexdvg[/ame]

I've been making a bunch of runs on this road experimenting with different camera angles so eventually I can piece together a well edited video. Work in progress...

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I have a few more I'll post up soon-ish...

My new job is keeping me too busy at night to sneak out of the office long enough to make it to ride night, but we'll see... the episode we need to cut next week is way ahead of schedule, so I might have a chance!

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I like this vid! Very smooth! We'll ride the snake together and it'll be epic. followed by cold cokes at Rock Store or Malibu Seafood.

Hey guys, who's getting first vid of Latigo?!?!?!? hehe

ps: want critique? You look like you do what I do. Try to get your arm laying over that tank. You're getting your butt off real nice, but the rest of it is still over the bike...i hope that makes sense. I'm working on that part of technique too

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice vid mate. Can't wait to see the different angles edited stuff. Gonna be awesome:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the positive response!!! I'll keep the vids coming!

You look like you do what I do. Try to get your arm laying over that tank.

I was thinking that same thing. I'd like to think that the wide angle disortion makes it look worse than it is, but I def need to get my upper body lower and over more. With the bars so upright and out there it just doesn't feel so natural...

Latigo you say? Rode that for the first time in a while last week. Damn I forgot how much I loved that road. Still might be my favorite after all.

Mid-week is the way to go, it's like having the entire playground to yourself :rockon:

spamthefood said:
How do you have it mounted? Can I see a pic?
I'll take some pics this afternoon, but I just had it suction cupped to the plastic btwn the seat and the brake light. The suction cup is just a bit wider than the area of plastic, but it holds firm even with a few mm of overhang at the front and back.

Here is a (premature) cut with another angle or two and some music. Still need more variety, but last night I just wanted to finish something in the meantime. I'm actually goin up there right now, so I'll hopefully have some more footage in a few hours :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MxM_uT4D7A[/ame]

The bar mount has a bit more vibration than I'd like and I tried to mix in some footage from the ATC2K, but I just have so much fun making this stuff I'll be adding to it constantly!!!

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some pics of the mount locations:

On the tail:
watermark.php

Close-up of suction cup. There's some overhang, but it holds firmly.
watermark.php

Handlebar mount:
watermark.php

Too much vibration above 7k rpms, even tried using rubber as insulation.

(Notice the 1098 in the background of the last pic... buddy has left it with me since our track day, with the keys... :eek: so tempting :D )