FZ6 Camera Mounting Positions

Jon_PDX

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, no problems at all. I'll see if I can get my son to hold the camera for me this weekend and try to mount the GoPro and compress the front suspension (as much as I can anyway). There's plenty of room.

It might rub a little if you're gonna be going a lot of stoppies (sp?) :)

Here ya go. I knew I posted some pictures on here before. if you need more/different pics, let me know...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bar/42983-gopro-hero2-3.html#post467911

Excellent.....thanks!

No need to try getting pictures with the suspension compressed. If it's not presented issues for you that's good enough for me :thumbup:

Jon...

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about mounting it there but was worried it'd hit under hard braking, the one time you'll need all the travel and it might bottom out early or cause an extra jolt when not expected.
I guess you could put a cable tie on the forks and go out for a good ride and measure what the travel is to the available space. Then work out if the gopro is safe to be there.

Jon_PDX

Reaction score
Visit site
According to the manual for my 2007 the suspension travel is 5.12" (full extension to full compression).

Since Eddie has not had any issues I'm not to concerned but I'll probably take some measurements just because there might be a difference between his 2006 and my 2007.

Jon...

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I got the 5 year old boy next door to hold a camera for me (he did a really good job!). Check out the video, it shows the clearance between the camera and fender (about 3.75 inches at it closest while on the side stand), then I bounced on the front as much as I could, trying to compress the front suspension as much as possible while sitting still.

2006 Yamaha FZ6 with a GoPro Hero 2 mounted under the headlights. The clearance between the lowest point on the GoPro and and fender is about 3.75 inches. I compressed the front as much as I could while sitting in the driveway to illustrate the clearance you'd have between the camera and fender. I believe the front end would probably compress more under hard braking, but how much more I really don't know It felt like it was almost hitting a stop when I bounced on the front while holing the brakes (in this video).

Hope this helps...

Clearence of GoPro on FZ6 - YouTube

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you think about mounting it to the tab where the horn is and relocating the horn. The biggest complaint that I hear about cameras on bikes is the vibrations.

(On a side note does anyone know where the thread is about making the gps bar around the gauges? I found the one on the first page of the mods section but there was another one recently too I can't find. I was thinking of making one and mounting the camera to that above the windscreen.)

Jon_PDX

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the 5 year old boy next door to hold a camera for me (he did a really good job!). Check out the video, it shows the clearance between the camera and fender (about 3.75 inches at it closest while on the side stand), then I bounced on the front as much as I could, trying to compress the front suspension as much as possible while sitting still.

Clearence of GoPro on FZ6 - YouTube

Excellent!

Thanks for taking the time to make the video :thumbup:

And i agree, the neighbor kid did a good job :D

Jon...

NorcoT

Reaction score
Visit site

smoothrider22

Reaction score
Visit site
The Best Camera mount for the Motorcycle is available atPerformance Riding Motorcycle Accessories ? MOTO-D Racing

iphone_motorcycle_mount_33.jpg

iphone_motorcycle_mount_30.jpg

iphone_motorcycle_mount_2.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't imagine anything below the foot pegs being there at the rides end for many. On occasion my boot tip has drug so peg feelers must be close.

I tend to favor the behind the windscreen with a bit of gauge action. Plus its protected there.

NorcoT

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried a few more mounts in this video, I mounted suction cup on the fuel tank looking through the windshield, mounted to the side of the tank using the suction cup and hanging off to the right of the bike, and then mounted on the mirror arm using seat tube mount facing back on me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M710vGLxqdE]Motorbike Wye Valley Wales - YouTube[/ame]