Yesterday Ride with Cali Rider and Motogiro

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Great first 2011 ride... It was awesome to ride/chat with you guys again :rockon:

5361383120_bd7d227b7c_b.jpg

5360769263_dc80fc909e_b.jpg

5361383462_dcbe2aa47b_b.jpg

John's new hard bags:

5360770401_03a782f3e4_b.jpg

Testing their lean angle clearance on Palomar :D

5361389180_8c33a1a54c_b.jpg

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics David. :thumbup:

It looks as if I might get out for my first good ride of 2011 tomorrow. Hwy 25/Carmel Valley here I come!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A taste of riding during our winter hibernation here in NH.... Thanks David! :thumbup:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great time guys, thanks for posting pics!

John, those side cases look really good (and roomy). Did you say they were Shad Rack?
Yes Travis, they are. I bought them from Pseudo-Fed on this forum about a month ago. I had to make a couple of modifications for them to be functional but I am very happy with them. I didn't notice any affect on weight distribution or steering input, just a minor drop in fuel mileage at speeds over 75 MPH. Plenty of room for a full-face helmet or equivalent, this will be a nice setup for multi-day trips.

Pseudo-Fed also gave me the top-case mount as well which will mount easily to the existing side-case hardware or stand alone. I need to find a nice deal on a Shad top-case...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing day riding! The weather was awesome and so was the company.
I was hoping Goop would be able to catch up with us and set him up with the Spot GPS tracking info.
Surprising that Rick Clemson Photography didn't have one picture of Wavex posted. The photographer might have been just getting back from a break and caught John and I.

John on South Grade @ Palomar Mountain. Nice Shad cases! Nice job on the mod to get them on!
picture.php

South Grade Brub brub brub brub!!! V-twin!
picture.php

John and Dave
picture.php

John and Dave
picture.php

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
brub, brub, brub....I'm cracking up Cliff. :rof:

Thanks for the additional pics though, looks like you guys are having some exceptional weather down there.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are killing me!!! :BLAA: Its just been a tad under my threshhold for riding temp. here. Plus, Im waiting for bd's wire harness. Great pics, though! Very good possibility I will drive out to CA this summer and bring the bike in the truck. Cliff, were you taking the pics?
Joe:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are killing me!!! :BLAA: Its just been a tad under my threshhold for riding temp. here. Plus, Im waiting for bd's wire harness. Great pics, though! Very good possibility I will drive out to CA this summer and bring the bike in the truck. Cliff, were you taking the pics?
Joe:thumbup:

Well get your ars back out here! Both Wavex and I took pics and each of us posted our own except for the Rick Clemson pics. They're samples from a pro photographer and very cool guy who shoots on the mountain most weekends there are good riding conditions.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes Travis, they are. I bought them from Pseudo-Fed on this forum about a month ago. I had to make a couple of modifications for them to be functional but I am very happy with them. I didn't notice any affect on weight distribution or steering input, just a minor drop in fuel mileage at speeds over 75 MPH. Plenty of room for a full-face helmet or equivalent, this will be a nice setup for multi-day trips.

Pseudo-Fed also gave me the top-case mount as well which will mount easily to the existing side-case hardware or stand alone. I need to find a nice deal on a Shad top-case...

John, you sold the ZX6r?