Yamaha's Oakley for test ride promotion?

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody else received the Yamaha promotional card that promises a pair of Oakley sunglasses in exchange for test riding a new Yamaha bike?

I've been wanting to test a new FZ1 to determine if I want to stick with the inline 4 format, or switch to a V4 like the Aprilia Tuono V4R. A free pair of Oakley's is just enough to sweeten the pot and bring me into the dealer.

Anybody else receive this mailing, or participate in the test ride?

Yep, I got a postcard last week & rode to Memphis yesterday to test-ride a new Super Tenere. Great bike, I want one! Loads of torque & very roomy! Can't wait for my free Oakleys!

No Oakleys for me. I attended a 2012 demo day already and rode the FZ6R.

Really liked it, but then I found the FZ6- more HP, lighter, less expensive, prettier. :thumbup:

Go to Yamaha's website here & click on "TRY A BIKE" on the right side of the top banner to find a dealership that offers test-rides. I believe 3 dealers in Memphis have factory demo bikes (Performance Plus Yamaha, Yamaha of Millington & Yamaha of Memphis). I went to Millington because they were the only one that had a demo Super Tenere. They were great to deal with & I highly recommend them.

Just test rode an FZ8 today... was an amazing feeling bike... which increases my desire for a FZ6 or FZ8 to replace my Ninja 650.

I got mine a few months ago and still have not used it. I do plan on however. Just been too busy lately. New Oakleys sweet. Can't wait. :thumbup:

Hmmm... I never received this either. Is there a link on their website that I am not seeing? Does anyone want to send me their postcard?
-Rob

...never mind, thought the pipe was really that big! :)

Guess these are the glasses?

oakley-gascan-sunglasses-profile.jpg

Last edited:
No deal for us Canadians... I wonder if an American dealership would allow me to test ride their bike in order to qualify for the glasses, and then if Oakley would honour it?

did you get a postcard in the mail or just through the website :BLAA:

Got mine in the mail. I probably signed up for something from Yamaha at the Dallas Motorcycle show. Good timing since I am planning to buy an FZ6 in the next 2 months... good to at least sit on something similar.

Back