Yamaha's Oakley for test ride promotion?

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody else received the Yamaha promotional card that promises a pair of Oakley sunglasses in exchange for test riding a new Yamaha bike?

I've been wanting to test a new FZ1 to determine if I want to stick with the inline 4 format, or switch to a V4 like the Aprilia Tuono V4R. A free pair of Oakley's is just enough to sweeten the pot and bring me into the dealer.

Anybody else receive this mailing, or participate in the test ride?

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I got a postcard last week & rode to Memphis yesterday to test-ride a new Super Tenere. Great bike, I want one! Loads of torque & very roomy! Can't wait for my free Oakleys!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
No Oakleys for me. I attended a 2012 demo day already and rode the FZ6R.

Really liked it, but then I found the FZ6- more HP, lighter, less expensive, prettier. :thumbup:

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
Go to Yamaha's website here & click on "TRY A BIKE" on the right side of the top banner to find a dealership that offers test-rides. I believe 3 dealers in Memphis have factory demo bikes (Performance Plus Yamaha, Yamaha of Millington & Yamaha of Memphis). I went to Millington because they were the only one that had a demo Super Tenere. They were great to deal with & I highly recommend them.

millenix

Reaction score
Visit site
Just test rode an FZ8 today... was an amazing feeling bike... which increases my desire for a FZ6 or FZ8 to replace my Ninja 650.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine a few months ago and still have not used it. I do plan on however. Just been too busy lately. New Oakleys sweet. Can't wait. :thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm... I never received this either. Is there a link on their website that I am not seeing? Does anyone want to send me their postcard?
-Rob

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
...never mind, thought the pipe was really that big! :)

Guess these are the glasses?

oakley-gascan-sunglasses-profile.jpg

Last edited:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No deal for us Canadians... I wonder if an American dealership would allow me to test ride their bike in order to qualify for the glasses, and then if Oakley would honour it?

millenix

Reaction score
Visit site
did you get a postcard in the mail or just through the website :BLAA:

Got mine in the mail. I probably signed up for something from Yamaha at the Dallas Motorcycle show. Good timing since I am planning to buy an FZ6 in the next 2 months... good to at least sit on something similar.