WTF of the day...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not only is it fugly, but it is expensive too. $15,000!

Honda's stunning new DN-01 is in a class of its own—the world's first crossover bike. Styled like a sportbike, but offering Honda's radical new HFT Transmission, it's an automatic unlike anything you've ever seen. You can shift it into six preset ratios, or you can let it function as a stepless, no-shifting Constantly Variable Transmission, or CVT. The DN-01 is a perfect choice if you're looking to get into motorcycling or if you're just a long-time rider who wants to be on the most cutting-edge bike out there.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Not only is it fugly, but it is expensive too. $15,000!

[COLOR=\"Blue\"]Honda's stunning new DN-01 is in a class of its own—the world's first crossover bike. Styled like a sportbike, but offering Honda's radical new HFT Transmission, it's an automatic unlike anything you've ever seen. You can shift it into six preset ratios, or you can let it function as a stepless, no-shifting Constantly Variable Transmission, or CVT. The DN-01 is a perfect choice if you're looking to get into motorcycling or if you're just a long-time rider who wants to be on the most cutting-edge bike out there.[/COLOR]

I hate to say it but I think it looks cool. Stretched out. If only it were a regular transmission, with a chain, and 200 lbs lighter, and a Yamaha.

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife has been eye-balling that thing since it was a concept a couple years ago.

But, $14,599!?!?

Oh, well. I guess I'll have to start working out so she'll have something else to eye-ball.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i liked it when i first saw it as a concept, but i think they straightened the lines out on the front since then. it looked better as a concept.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it has not got gears...It`s not a motorbike...

I actually got to sit on one of these this year...I didn`t like it then either.

Steve

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
That really looks weird to me.... I can't even picture how unconfortable the handling would be... Just not something I would spend 15k on...

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
$15,000 US? Uhh...get the new Vmax. Please! Get the new Vmax instead. You ARE smart enough to make that decision, right?

There should be a sign on ALL of those Hondas saying, "Vmax This Way --> "