Worth changing harness?

iBeef

Reaction score
Visit site
I've enquired about a naked harness from fowlersparts (really good UK based company to get your bits from - their website is amazing). Waiting to hear back from them. I've basically butchered my standard harness so bought another one off ebay and collected it today. It's really not an easy mod to do at all - the wiring is such a mess at the moment and cables are routed over the bars at the moment which seems to work (but doesn't look brilliantly).

Do you have a part number for a naked front harness? I can't even find that!

Cheers again for the help.
I phoned up my local Yamaha dealership today to buy a naked clutch cable and enquired about it. They told me I'd have to buy the full loom which is over £500.

Just take your time with the harness, I did a few wires at a time so I didn't lose where I was. I've just got more soldered joints on mine than I'd like. I'll probs buy another now I know the lengths I need and do a really clean one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sifz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I phoned up my local Yamaha dealership today to buy a naked clutch cable and enquired about it. They told me I'd have to buy the full loom which is over £500.

Just take your time with the harness, I did a few wires at a time so I didn't lose where I was. I've just got more soldered joints on mine than I'd like. I'll probs buy another now I know the lengths I need and do a really clean one.

Cheers - just seen your finished bike and looks so nice. A lot cleaner than mine!

I'm going to take it all apart again next week to refit the harness and see if I can cram an uncut cable in there. Fingers crossed!

iBeef

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers - just seen your finished bike and looks so nice. A lot cleaner than mine!

I'm going to take it all apart again next week to refit the harness and see if I can cram an uncut cable in there. Fingers crossed!
Thanks, I'm hoping to keep it that way too. It could work but it'll be tight. I noticed there is quite a lot of space down the right side under where the air box sits. Theres a hole you can feed some cables through so you might be able to loop it back on itself through there.

Full Circle

Reaction score
Visit site

For what it's worth I just went from a VS02 kit back to stock fairings. The PO had the harness tucked in behind the headlamp completely uncut.

Best of luck!

orient

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a spare harness. The only thing I did on it was consolidate the high/low beam into one H4 plug and cut off the spare ground. If anyone wants it pm me. I'd let it go for 20 + shipping

sifz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers guys.

I've got it all together and cabled. It's now doing something realy strange - the oil light flashes constantly and when I go to turn on hig beam the speedo goes mental - lighting everything up. Is this normal before the high beam mod? Or is there something else wrong?

iBeef

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers guys.

I've got it all together and cabled. It's now doing something realy strange - the oil light flashes constantly and when I go to turn on hig beam the speedo goes mental - lighting everything up. Is this normal before the high beam mod? Or is there something else wrong?

You sure it's plugged in properly? Might be worth checking your wires as I don't think that's normal.