Wiseco big bore kit & new cams on their way!

Ummmm $6000 ?!?!?!?! What the hell !! Wow that is like over half the price of the bike !! Now that is a true love for the FZ6 ! Good to see it is still happening :) Although how much would another engine cost ??? That would add quite a bit :(

Am thinking that a secondhand engine, would be bought as part of a crashed, and written off FZ6...So about $1500 - $2000.

:thumbup:

Re it being half the price of the bike...not my bike!

:eek:

Thats a lot of money i have to agree. Its the same here. 3000 euro for a big bore to 636cc. Thats about 4000 dollar.

I'm now thinking of doing this: FZ 6 ´04-´09 116 PS

Its no big bore. But they fiddle with the rest of the engine. I'm calling them after my holiday to get all the details. And ask them if they can do a R6 cam upgrade and if that would give it even more power :) 1230 euro is doable it would be 1600 dollar. And with a good exhaust you would even get 4 hp more then the link shows.

Did anyone look into the link i posted?

I'm still thinking about the tunning. Do i think i'm gonna call them with the questions i still have. And see whats what.

I want to know how maintenance will go. At what interval the replaced parts need to be renewed/replaced.

And if a PC5 or/and new CAMS can even boost the performance even further.

Did anyone look into the link i posted?

I'm still thinking about the tunning. Do i think i'm gonna call them with the questions i still have. And see whats what.

I want to know how maintenance will go. At what interval the replaced parts need to be renewed/replaced.

And if a PC5 or/and new CAMS can even boost the performance even further.

I looked at it, would like to see a before and after from someone who has done it...and what their thoughts are...

I looked at it, would like to see a before and after from someone who has done it...and what their thoughts are...

I have read some things on other forums. That where positive reaction so far. But there is not much information on the tunning.

So someone has to be the first.... I first need some extra km's. I only have 135x so far. So i will consider it for next year.

i really hope so :p Its quite a bit of money :D

at that moment my FZ6 is as expensive as a nice FZ1.

But i dont like the looks,ride position and corner handling of the FZ1. Cant ignore the power tho :D thats so awesome!!

A bit more power in the FZ6 low/mid range would be very nice. That would make it the perfect bike for me:

fz6_diagramm_1.jpg

fz6_diagramm_2.jpg

I'm also gonna ask them if they can put some of the top power in the mid range. The FZ6 has enough power at 9k+. Sometimes its possible to tune for high or mid/low range.

Anyway both curves already look way better then stock.

Last edited:
i really hope so :p Its quite a bit of money :D

at that moment my FZ6 is as expensive as a nice FZ1.

But i dont like the looks,ride position and corner handling of the FZ1. Cant ignore the power tho :D thats so awesome!!

A bit more power in the FZ6 low/mid range would be very nice. That would make it the perfect bike for me.

Well, if you make it happen, it will be awesome....I have just spent almost as much as i was looking to spend on the motor, on getting rid of about another 10-15kg's of weight...carbon wheels, new back half of the bike, including a lightweight racing seat unit, and single sided swingarm! :eek:

Engine mods are still on my list....probably even more so now, as it has now got to the point with this bike, that it is "everything"!!!

But i cant see it happening for another few months yet....not unless i win lotto!

ghehe :D or get a turbo that will you you an even bigger boost :p 200hp is possible when using a turbo. But thats to extreme for me :p

looking at the work to squeeze out that power,it seems that the head liberates a fair bit.But I'm always a bit dubious when firms produce their own dyno results... We all know how different dyno's produce different figures.

If it is as good as it says,then they is pretty good bang for bucks.

Another way to get a couple extra hp out is get the head ported and pollished. This can be done as a first mod, or to help with air flow when uprating cams etc.

Looking forward to see how this one goes :D

Another way to get a couple extra hp out is get the head ported and pollished. This can be done as a first mod, or to help with air flow when uprating cams etc.

Looking forward to see how this one goes :D

This used to be a very popular mod, back in the "old days", before the Japanese bike manufacturers got so good at building motors, that these days, there is little to gain by polishing & porting heads! well , that's what the drag motor building guru tells me anyway!

My thinking these days, and as each day passes, i think it's more and more the case...cutting weight is one of the best ways to get more grunt...they say that 10kg's equals 3hp...So if you take 20kg's of weight from your bike, and lose weight yourself...if your a fat bugger like a lot of us 40 something's! then you could possibly gain 10-15% more "Grunt" out of your bike...

Hence the reason all Moto GP riders are like jockey's!!!

looking at the work to squeeze out that power,it seems that the head liberates a fair bit.But I'm always a bit dubious when firms produce their own dyno results... We all know how different dyno's produce different figures.

If it is as good as it says,then they is pretty good bang for bucks.

True but they will do a before run. So you can compare that to the after run and see whats gained. If they where lying about that 15% extra power they you could see it yourself + i dont think they would be this big if the results are not as good as they say on there website.

My thinking these days, and as each day passes, i think it's more and more the case...cutting weight is one of the best ways to get more grunt...they say that 10kg's equals 3hp...So if you take 20kg's of weight from your bike, and lose weight yourself...if your a fat bugger like a lot of us 40 something's! then you could possibly gain 10-15% more "Grunt" out of your bike...

Hence the reason all Moto GP riders are like jockey's!!!

Yea I agree that saving weight is a the most efficient way to move faster and have better handling...but there comes a time when what u need is torque and power, cause thats where the real "Grunt" is at! If anyones gotten there its you mate :thumbup:

Yea I agree that saving weight is a the most efficient way to move faster and have better handling...but there comes a time when what u need is torque and power, cause thats where the real "Grunt" is at! If anyones gotten there its you mate :thumbup:

As it stands right now, i am in the middle of doing a single seat conversion, which includes replacing the rear subframe with a modified, and lightened OEM swingarm, and removing the OEM seat, and replacing it with a foam pad! i am thinming that this mod could give me as much as a 10kg weight saving, which would definitely help improve power to wight ratio a lot!!!...but an extra 10-15Nm of Torque, and about 10 - 15 extra horsepower would be even more amazing!

I will get to the engine work...am thinking a spare motor is the way to go, it's only going to add a $1000 to the bill, in terms of doing the complete job...

I really dont wanna touch the engine i have in the bike now...after 45000km's, it is a very sweet runner....

PLEASE UPDATE!!! I want to see the results of this before I deploy so I can decide whether or not it's worth it! hehehe

Back