Got my TCP seat cowl...Damien is nearly done....for now!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok Folks, i have been building this bike for about 17 months now, and whilst progress has slowed a bit in the last few months for various reasons, one of the few things left that i wanted to do was get a TCP seat cowl....which, if you live in Australia...aint real easy...finally got one off a member of this site, and hads it sent to Australia...only one problem..it was red, and i needed a black one!

No stress, send it off to get painted...done, colour matched to tank, 2 pack paint, looking good!

Well tonight, i managed to get the thing fitted...i love it! Here's a few pics, not the best quality - my camera is screwed since being highsided with my track bike, but you can get the idea....

View attachment 21927

View attachment 21928

View attachment 21929

View attachment 21930

View attachment 21931

View attachment 21932

Next it all gets taken off and put on the 07 FZ6 Cup bike, which i am turning into Damien....06 V's 07 Model...engine had 30000 less kilometres on it, and the 07 FZ6 is straight, which we are not quite sure is the case with the black bike...

Then there are the engine mods....big bore kit, inc. high comp pistons, new camshaft (modified R6), and a power shifter...which has all been delayed until i get the "Damien" re-built on Pinky's frame, with Pinky's engine...

Then i am going to re-build the 06 to OEM spec, with Racetech front forks, power commander, braided lines, and a few other little goodies, then sell it, and buy a bigger track bike...seeing as the FZ6 Cup is now dead!

i will end up with my "ultimate" FZ6 when i am done, with spare Valtermoto rear sets, ohlins shock, clip on handle bars, etc, etc....just in case!

Here is a photo of "Pinky"....or what was Pinky, ready to be rebulit, first of all, just as it came from Yamaha, so i can get it inspected, and registered at the Department of motoir vehicles, before i then strip it again, and turn it into "Damien Mk2", and then turn "Damien" into a OEM'ish 06 FZ6, with a few 07 bits, like the forks, and front brakes.

View attachment 21933

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cant keep up you make the head spin

Awesome seat cowl!
The other stuff you lost me at the 06 V 07 comment :p

Basically that bike pictured (06 MODEL) is going to be taken back to pretty much OEM spec, and sold!!!!

My other FZ6, which is an ex FZ6 Cup bike, is an 07, with 30000km's less use, the new swingarm, (and hasnt been crashed into the back of a 4 wheel drive! and had it's subframe twisted!) is being fitted with all the good bits from the 06 bike, plus a few new additions from the 07 bike...

So "Pinky"...this bike....
View attachment 21934

View attachment 21935

Is going to become a newer, better version of this bike!!!
View attachment 21936

Lots of work involved, but i have my own shop to do it in....and what we cant do there, we will send out for...like re-spraying the very scratched swingarm, And the front fender which is pink on the 07...

The "new" version of "Damien"..the black bike...will have an upgraded motor, with hopefully about 20-25 more hp, better rear shock than the low spec ohlins rear on the 06, off the race bike, a power shifter, titanium exhaust headers, and maybe some new paint at a later date...

Am hoping to drop quite a bit more weight with the Titanium exhaust headers!

:rockon:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Turning pinky into Damien is sheer Guiness!! Your gonna have an Awesome bike that actualy has racing history!! just too cool man!! :rockon: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
:surrender:

I already drool over your bike currently. I give up :) My heart shall forever be lost with the new unveiling.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:surrender:

I already drool over your bike currently. I give up :) My heart shall forever be lost with the new unveiling.

You will be waiting a little while, we have to build "Pinky into a "stocker" first, to get that bike's vin numbers registered, as it has never been road registered, has been a race bike since the day it was uncrated..then we could build it into Damien Mk2...so we actually have to build the bike once, get it inspected, then pull it down again, and re-build that one as Damien...

then.....let's just say it's complicated!!!!

and a million beer mission!

:thumbup:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
ok i follow and understand it all except the part of rebuild pinky to stock to register.. why could you not just make it damien and get it registered like that?? or are there enough questionable bits going on to not make that easy? should make for a hell of an fz..

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As usual! Man! that bike is so sweet! Can't wait to hear the new mill that's being built up.:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok i follow and understand it all except the part of rebuild pinky to stock to register.. why could you not just make it damien and get it registered like that?? or are there enough questionable bits going on to not make that easy? should make for a hell of an fz..

Well, for a start, i reckon if i tried to register the bike with a set of Two Brothers Pipes on it, even with the silences in, i would not stand a chance.,...plus it's just not wort taking the chance...

Last time "Damien" was in the inspection centre, the inspector was wondering vwhy i was there for a defect....he thought Damien was a well nice bike! and was shaking his head as to why i had been booked...but that's another story....

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I love Damien v1.0, and Pinky has such a history. Why go to Damien v2.0 using Pinky, instead of going to Damien v2.0 using Damien v1.0 :confused:

I guess what I'm trying to ask is...why can't you keep them both :D

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
Jt, I think Wolf's bored...and he wants to torture us while we all sit on the edge of our seats, beer in hand, waiting for his new beast to be unleashed upon the land down under.

For sure...that has to be it. :D

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, for a start, i reckon if i tried to register the bike with a set of Two Brothers Pipes on it, even with the silences in, i would not stand a chance.,...plus it's just not wort taking the chance...

Last time "Damien" was in the inspection centre, the inspector was wondering vwhy i was there for a defect....he thought Damien was a well nice bike! and was shaking his head as to why i had been booked...but that's another story....

i just think that it would be simpler to put 90% of it together and go over (see leave off the 2 bros and any super questionable bits) then when you get home you only have to swap a few things insted of building the bike twice.. i mean as long as you follow the "code" you should be good to go.. either way it is gonna turn out to be b.a. for sure.. good luck and i know you will keep us posted

Jt, I think Wolf's bored...and he wants to torture us while we all sit on the edge of our seats, beer in hand, waiting for his new beast to be unleashed upon the land down under.

For sure...that has to be it. :D

i think there is a bit of truth to this too..

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i just think that it would be simpler to put 90% of it together and go over (see leave off the 2 bros and any super questionable bits) then when you get home you only have to swap a few things insted of building the bike twice.. i mean as long as you follow the "code" you should be good to go.. either way it is gonna turn out to be b.a. for sure.. good luck and i know you will keep us posted

i think there is a bit of truth to this too..

I wish it was thatr easy, but registering a "new" bike in Australia, or South Australia at the very least, means that it must comply with all ADR'S (Australian Design regulations), as the bike was approved originally, for the manufacturer.....sure you can change lots of things, once that bike walks out the door, but only once it walks out the door approved as OEM!

:(

And, moh yeah, i ,love tinkering, but more importantly, if i am only gonna have one FZ6 and i have 2 very good, but very different FZ6's at my disposal to build one "ultimate" FZ6, then it's my nature to build..the "Beast"..

Selling Pinky for another track bike, that is going to be more appropriately suited to the racing classes available locally in South Australia, now that the FZ6 Cup is dead!

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish it was thatr easy, but registering a "new" bike in Australia, or South Australia at the very least, means that it must comply with all ADR'S (Australian Design regulations), as the bike was approved originally, for the manufacturer.....sure you can change lots of things, once that bike walks out the door, but only once it walks out the door approved as OEM!

:(

And, moh yeah, i ,love tinkering, but more importantly, if i am only gonna have one FZ6 and i have 2 very good, but very different FZ6's at my disposal to build one "ultimate" FZ6, then it's my nature to build..the "Beast"..

Selling Pinky for another track bike, that is going to be more appropriately suited to the racing classes available locally in South Australia, now that the FZ6 Cup is dead!
The build is the best part!! drinking,smoking,and turning wrenches with your buddies!! the paper work will clear for you.cross that bridge when you get there.... most important part is what your doing now...actualy building it!!! :rockon: :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The build is the best part!! drinking,smoking,and turning wrenches with your buddies!! the paper work will clear for you.cross that bridge when you get there.... most important part is what your doing now...actualy building it!!! :rockon: :D

you betcha....sneaking in a few hours on the project wherever vpossible, organising barbeque's, and beers....talking dribble, giving each other a bit of a hard time....laughing about it!!!

Beats the crap outta sitting and watching bad TV!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love Damien v1.0, and Pinky has such a history. Why go to Damien v2.0 using Pinky, instead of going to Damien v2.0 using Damien v1.0 :confused:

I guess what I'm trying to ask is...why can't you keep them both :D

Cause i want one road bikem, and one track bike, and PINKY is not the ideal track bike, unless of course, yoiur entering the FZ6 Cup...which is now finished, thanks to a lack of interest this year...

So it's sell this one, but an R1 or something for the track.