R6 big bore kit...can it work on an FZ6?

No offence to those with Leo Vince pipes....as they are very nice, but if i had a choice between Akropovic & Leo Vince.....the decision would be easy...Akro all the way, the workmanship on Akro stuff is something to behold!

:thumbup:

Akrapovik is built with (Unob)titanium...... that makes it sexy as heck all by itself. :D

Akrapovik is built with (Unob)titanium...... that makes it sexy as heck all by itself. :D

Did you know that Akropovic carry about 10 million euro's worth of titanium in stock!

They use grade 5 titanium, which is repairable if it is trashed in a crash...and akropovic sell the repair kits!

Did you know that Akropovic carry about 10 million euro's worth of titanium in stock!

They use grade 5 titanium, which is repairable if it is trashed in a crash...and akropovic sell the repair kits!

Interesting..... no, I didn't know anything about Akro at all. Other than they've been making racing exhausts for motorcycles for some years, now.

All I know for a fact is that there are very few sources of Titanium..... the biggest of which were in the Soviet Union. South Africa is right at he top of the list for sources outside the Soviet Union..... I know that there is a certain amount in the US, but that it is mainly used to pigment paint, here. Titanium oxide being a bright white....

Interesting..... no, I didn't know anything about Akro at all. Other than they've been making racing exhausts for motorcycles for some years, now.

All I know for a fact is that there are very few sources of Titanium..... the biggest of which were in the Soviet Union. South Africa is right at he top of the list for sources outside the Soviet Union..... I know that there is a certain amount in the US, but that it is mainly used to pigment paint, here. Titanium oxide being a bright white....

Yes, apparently akropovic say that availability is both spasmodic, and quality can be questionable, so when the good stuff is about, they buy up big, hence the big stockpile..

The place where akropovic store the titanium is at a very secretly guarded location...

Akropovic itself is hard to find apparently, but has over 100 employee's, and they make everything by hand.

They also have a seperate workshop set up specifically for carbon fibre fabrication!

Yes, apparently akropovic say that availability is both spasmodic, and quality can be questionable, so when the good stuff is about, they buy up big, hence the big stockpile..

The place where akropovic store the titanium is at a very secretly guarded location...

Akropovic itself is hard to find apparently, but has over 100 employee's, and they make everything by hand.

They also have a seperate workshop set up specifically for carbon fibre fabrication!

Carbon fiber can do evil things to the human body...... your immune system does not respond to it. With fiberglass, you get itchy and inflamed. Carbon, it just penetrates, and does damage. Same sort of issues as happen with Asbestos.... if you breathe if for long periods, your lungs will lose function from all the damage.

Carbon fiber is cool stuff to look at, and it's light as heck. That doesn't make it healthy to fabricate.

Yeah, if I owned the place, and knew that...... I too would have a separate fabrication facility.

Back