Will a 2006 header fit a 2007??

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
On my 07 FZ6 headers there are bulges in each 2-1 collector pipe, I assume these are catalytic converters? And a bulge in the mid pipe as well, cat also???? 3 cats!!?? really?

Anyway, I’m thinking about trying a header from a 2006 or older which doesn’t have the cats in the primary tubes. Does anyone know if it will be a direct fit? Mounting points aren’t a big issue but it would be nice to know if I’ll have any clearance issues.

The purpose of coarse is to have a header without cats. That “should” give better performance and be a bit more efficient. A typical slip-on and mid-pipe would then delete the mid-pipe cat.

07 header
$(KGrHqMOKkEE3v7BJH0DBOC2-lBDhQ~~_3.JPG

06 header
!B3Fc8M!CWk~$(KGrHqIOKi!EyScB(Qk(BMk6h3OUWg~~_12.JPG

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
i know in 2007 they added an O2 sensor, that maybe your only snag in this project, but i like what your thinking...3cats is kinda crazy, you have to be an old lady to have 3cats

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
What you can do is purchase headers for a 99-02 R6, then cut off the FZ6's collector (the bent pipe with the O2 sensor) and have it welded to the R6 headers.

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
What you can do is purchase headers for a 99-02 R6, then cut off the FZ6's collector (the bent pipe with the O2 sensor) and have it welded to the R6 headers.

I'll do slight bends in a pipe, splice'em with a slip joint and clamp, but I'm trying to avoid welding. I will keep this in mind anyway. It would still be less $$ then a typical full system for +$1K and may even perform better.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll do slight bends in a pipe, splice'em with a slip joint and clamp, but I'm trying to avoid welding. I will keep this in mind anyway. It would still be less $$ then a typical full system for +$1K and may even perform better.

Even if you do put 06' headers on you'll still have to weld on an O2 sensor bung.

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
Even if you do put 06' headers on you'll still have to weld on an O2 sensor bung.

I have a MIG welder but no gas, so I use it with inner shield wire and it's just not that neat, and I'm not an Ace welder,, so I can,,, but I try to avoid it where neatness or strength are essential. I could probably manage a bung but it won't be necessary. With the item below, just drill an appropriate hole and install a clamp.
017-30-2355-250.jpg

Link