DIY Homemade Exhaust Component Sources ~List them here!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wanted: 4 into 1 merge collector for 08 header for Pre-CAT delete and smooth rounded 90° up-pipe to mid-pip transition.

Options are:
1) Snag an S1 header, polish and mod the rear hanger
2) Mod the 08 header. See option 4
3) Mod R6 header. See option 4
4) Build it

A couple of sources are for merge collectors:
Motorcycle Components-Cone Exhaust Stuff
Exhaust Collector Components, Stainless Steel Collector Components, Turbo Stars & Bullet Components

Collectors, X-Pipes, T-Fittings - Columbia River Mandrel Bending

www.burnsstainless.com

Of course fleebay and amazon for short straight sections are cheap if shipping is free.

If you have a source for 304 or 321 SS tubing that's reasonably priced, post it here.

Regards,
F/I

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
We did similar on my buddies XS750, being a triple it is already weird - but the rusted out exhaust needed to be thrown out, and the collector it used was actually built into the pipe. We wound up goign with a 3-1 collector tube, and had do to some heavy modifications (extension in the least bent area so they would all collect at the same point) to the header pipes, which we found out halfway through were double walled.

That said, the hardest part is figuring out how you'll properly seal and weld the headers into the 3-1 or 4-1 collector, since there's some pretty deep areas with limited access for a welder.

Couldn't really give you sources, its definitely a different monster, though I'll be doing something similar this winter on mine, trying to figure out where I'm going to mount a custom pipe routing system with an almost non-existent tail/subframe. Currently thinking about collecting all of my headers farther forward and putting the can underneath.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You might just opt for an early R6 - primaries are bigger and squirts out the side but you may need it shorter yet??

Ya, true about merge pipe. On a cage with a 3" merge, one can weld from the inside too. This being under 1.5" till it's into 1.75" exit doesn't leave much room except dead on stich joining the 4 corners oil school cheap header... Little details like this should help our cause. Smooth and continuous vs dump...
View attachment 55595

Looking at SS parts and the $$$ cost associated with those custom trinkets makes me think I should get my own TIG outfit....

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh the topic of unreachable welds, you might try wedding a flange to the collector and header from the inside (which shouldn't cause any real flow issues), and then bolt those badboys together when all is said and done. Obviously this would only be necessary if there are spots you can't reach in your collector design.