Wildcat Mountain State Park, WI

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since today seemed to be a wonderful day for a jaunt through the country side, my husband and I put on our cold weather riding gear (it is fall in WI after all) and headed for Wildcat Mountain State Park.

Our ride across ridges, through valleys and along rivers was wonderful. Harvesting is in full swing here now and we had to follow an occassional combine, tractor and Amish wagon - but it was great fun!

The first photo is on top of the ridges (and my husband with the bikes) - and it really doesn't do it justice. The second was by the Kickapoo River, the third and fourth is of the wonderfully winding roads through the state park, and the fifth is of me at the local grocery. Have to get the essentials, you know!

Sure love this bike!!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a gorgeous place to ride, especially for mid-October in Cheeseland! Is that your Weimereiner (sp?) in your avatar?

(HAHA, this is what my mac suggested as a correct spelling for your dog: Hereinafter, Oppenheimer, Landsteiner, and Weinberg!)

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Botch - yup, sure is! You were close - Weimaraner is the spelling. Really cool dogs also.

We drove by 2 cheese factories and now I wish we would have stopped for a pict!

rickvan67

Junior Cheeseburger
Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy from a fellow Wisconsinite! Never been to Wildcat, it looks beautiful. Leaves here in western Wisconsin (Hudson) are already pretty much past peak but I did get out a bit today and yesterday on the bike, the weather has been great...I love the brisk fall air!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rickvan67! It is good to know there are some fellow Cheddarheads out there!

Yup - fall is brisk now - but tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 65 - and we will be out again.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZPilot - cool pictures! Did you do the Great River Road while you were up here? That is another nice ride.

Yesterday we didn't have near the bugs you did though!