Why do most exhausts stick out so much??

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
Dont look the best..
The two bros look great, dont look so "noticable", but every other brand appears to wanna stick out an extra 2 inches..

that said.

if anyone has a pair of Scorpion Titanium with end caps.
can you do a profile bike shot please?

I need to see before I whip out the credit card

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have the titaniums, but here is shot of the stainless steel...

side.jpg

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those scorps do hang out quite a bit compared to the TB's, the difference being that the TB's end caps start flush with the tail light...

:thumbup:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If they didn't stick out so far, they'd be louder. So much so that this is why Staintune never went ahead with theirs, as they just couldn't get them quiet enough to meet adr. given the space.

A good example of this is the R6. In 2010 they made the muffler slightly longer than 09. Unsure the length, maybe 2". The difference in sound is significant (the 09 sounds great!). I'm not sure why they did this though, I don't think there were any changes to max db....

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
in my opinion the exhaust ends that project out some from the seat look the best. I dont like the two bros end caps. Plastic end caps? Cmon!.
You wont notice your pipes hangin if you buy something other than two bros.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
in my opinion the exhaust ends that project out some from the seat look the best. I dont like the two bros end caps. Plastic end caps? Cmon!.
You wont notice your pipes hangin if you buy something other than two bros.

Plastic end caps on the two brothers! I don't think so! Try magnesium!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Dont look the best..
The two bros look great, dont look so "noticable", but every other brand appears to wanna stick out an extra 2 inches..

Agreed. That's one of the reason that I and some others prefer the Laser Quad exhaust. Not only does it not stick out, but the inner pipes are longer than the outer pipes, leading to a nice symmetrical look.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Going to have to price the Scorpions for myself, they look good.

So far id only been looking at Arrow or Akra. Now that the bike is past warranty its time to make it heard :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what???

why would aftermarket exhausts void your warranty..
your dealer would have to be a super stinge tbh

I have heard of this happening, as well, as Insurance company's refusing to pay out on a modified bike....

That's why you tell the insurance company, when you mod your bike, so your covered!

Stupid, i know, but hey, lots of stuff dont make bugger all sense in this world!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard of this happening, as well, as Insurance company's refusing to pay out on a modified bike....

That's why you tell the insurance company, when you mod your bike, so your covered!

Stupid, i know, but hey, lots of stuff dont make bugger all sense in this world!

I let my insurance company know (Swann). I have even got them added to my policy so, if something happened, I get my pipes replaced! :Flash:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed. That's one of the reason that I and some others prefer the Laser Quad exhaust. Not only does it not stick out, but the inner pipes are longer than the outer pipes, leading to a nice symmetrical look.

I too agree with this. I don't like the look of the ones sticking out really far. In fact, to me the stock ones look better then most because of this.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what???

why would aftermarket exhausts void your warranty..
your dealer would have to be a super stinge tbh

Its not a dealer thing, but a manufacturer thing. Then if you get a dealer extended warranty (like me), it then also becomes a dealer thing.