Why didn't yall tell me...

Coffee357

Reaction score
Visit site
Why didn't yall tell me what a nice bike this is!!! ;) I had kinda resigned myself to gettin an FZ-6 to replace my now deceased Z750s just because it's about the only bike left in that class. I had always liked the looks but had bought into the magazine press propaganda about the grabby clutch, poor fuel injection, buzzy, inadequate low end power, ect... Well, on the verge of buying, I finally got to test ride an '06.. WOW! What a nice bike! The only common complaint I felt had any basis in fact was that the tach was hard to read in a hurry. That they improved upon the bike for '07 is almost unbelievable. In summary, I should be picking up my "cool blue" '07 next week. Can hardly wait!!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why didn't yall tell me what a nice bike this is!!! ;) I had kinda resigned myself to gettin an FZ-6 to replace my now deceased Z750s just because it's about the only bike left in that class. I had always liked the looks but had bought into the magazine press propaganda about the grabby clutch, poor fuel injection, buzzy, inadequate low end power, ect... Well, on the verge of buying, I finally got to test ride an '06.. WOW! What a nice bike! The only common complaint I felt had any basis in fact was that the tach was hard to read in a hurry. That they improved upon the bike for '07 is almost unbelievable. In summary, I should be picking up my "cool blue" '07 next week. Can hardly wait!!!
And thats what makes you different, you didn't buy into the press. Welcome

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
And thats what makes you different, you didn't buy into the press. Welcome

thats what makes us all different Neil! :thumbup:

Good choice on the bike man. and you got the faster color! but you said why didn't we tell you? have you read anything on this site? nothing but rave reviews here! :Sport:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you like it, i am sure that we could haver told you how great this bike was if you asked. But it is sure good that you Like it as much as you do

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Coffee357 - You will love your FZ, I've only had mine one week, only 195 miles, but I love it! It's fast, well balanced, looks good and handles great. If the weather wasn't so crap this week I'd have more miles on it. Where in Central TX are you? I'm in Austin near 360 & 183.

Pete

S

sportrider

Why didn't yall tell me what a nice bike this is!!! ;)
you should have asked!!! there are all different types of people on the forum, opinions may very on different topics but the one thing that everyone will agree on is the FZ6!!!:thumbup:

rgatling

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and the FZ6. It is a great bike!

In the last 2 years I've had a ST1300, ZX14 and FZ6. IMO, the FZ6 is the best of that bunch. While I sometimes crave the power of the ZX14, the little FZ6 holds its own with the sportbike group I ride with.

Coffee357

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! Today is the day. Hope it's not raining too bad when I go to pick up my new toy.. it was when I picked up my Z (but it was warmer!!).

Hellgate, I'm around the Buda area. I don't see too many FZ's around here but there is a blue one always going the other way on the interstate. At 110+ mph closure and a barrier I'm not sure if it's an FZ6 or an FZ1. Good to know there is at least one more in the area.

Rgatling, that is quite an endorsement of the FZ-6. What made you ditch the ST and the 14?

rgatling

Reaction score
Visit site
I traded the ST1300 because I wanted something that was lighter weight that I could still tour on. It was heavy (near 700lbs) and the front end would get a bit shakey near 80mph or in dirty air. Not good!

The ZX14 was the bike to try. Reports were that it was comfy for a sportbike, and as sportbikes go, it was large and did have decent ergos. It has the best OEM saddle I have ever sat on. That thing was scary fast! Once it hit 7K rpm you had better be hanging on. While it was fun, I found myself starting to do stupid stuff on it--the power was intoxicating. I'm 50 years old and still have a couple of kids at home, so I decided to get something with a bit less power.

The FZ6 seems to fit the bill. It's lightweight, decent power, good ergos, I can tour on it and I can keep up with the sportbike group I ride with. While I wouldn't mind a bit more torque and better suspension, but I can live with this for now. I may pick up a used sportbike just for what it does best.

All in all, I think the FZ6 is one of the best bikes around. Until you try it, it's hard to believe, based on some of the stuff you read in the magazines. Every time I ride it I smile, and maybe that's the ultimate test of a motorcycle.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All in all, I think the FZ6 is one of the best bikes around. Until you try it, it's hard to believe, based on some of the stuff you read in the magazines. Every time I ride it I smile, and maybe that's the ultimate test of a motorcycle.

I totally agree with your comments. The bike press in the UK raved about the first Fazer with the Thundercat motor. When the first FZ6-S came out it was described as under powered, souless ect.
If I had not had a test ride I may well have brought into the negativity. I am glad I didn't.
Is it because the guys who write the tests are so used to the ultimate sports bikes that they judge every other bike on that basis?
I have not yet seen a UK test of the Fazer v's the Hornet or Bandit.
Come on lets compare like for like.