Why did you buy your Fz6

bcutter

Reaction score
Visit site
WHY I BOUGHT THE fz6

I already have a 03 1800 Gold Wing to go long idstances,:thumbup: so I wanted something to go fast. The Gold wing has more torque than everything, but one bike(2000cc Triumph),so I wanted something different. Being that I'm not a spring chicken, my back requires more upright ergos, the FZ6 nails it. The handling in the twisties is what dreams are made of.The final nail was the looks,esp. the rear exhaust. Just a very FUN bike:rockon:
Keep it rubber side down,

Bill:Sport:

bcutter

Reaction score
Visit site
And the chicks flock to it

Living on a farm, there are a lot of "chicks" that love to watch me drive up on my FZ6:Flip:. That doesn't include my 2 big chicks-2 & 3 year old granddaughters:rockon:
Yeah, you thought there were going to pictures, didn't you!!

Bill

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Some background. I've been a BMW rider for a while, but had become disgusted with the high cost of BMW's and how they were doing everything they could to ensure that you could not work on the bikes yourself. When thinking about a new bike, my first criteria was "Japanese."

The FZ6's looks initially grabbed me. Before that, I had no idea what an FZ6 was. I'd been thinking of a Katana 750 because I really liked the one I rode.Saw the FZ6. Sexy in red, an undertail exhaust and a good fairing caught my eye.

Then I did some research and found it had enough power and I could put hard bags on it (a must, because I like to do long distance trips).

And it's got what I want. A centerstand. Tubular bars, so you can change them out without spending a fortune. Wide bars and an upright position for good handling. And it was the most comfortable.

The day before I bought mine, the new Suzuki 650 hit the sales floor and I had to rethink. A quick search found that I couldn't get a saddlebag rack for it yet, so that decided me.

The Zook would have been great too, better in some respects. The underbody exhaust is very cool, the mirrors are better than the Fizzer's, and it's also a sexy machine. But it's also a first model year, so there's potential for problems. And there's no accessories for it yet.

I also considered the Versys for about two minutes. The first five seconds I spent looking at the War of the Worlds headlight, and the next minute and fifty-five seconds I spend throwing up. Gods, that is one ugly bike.

The SV650S was another one I looked at, but the riding position was too low and the fairing was designed for that, so raising the bars would have made the fairing useless. Other than that, it's a great bike with an impressively well designed engine.

Fred

P.S. Rode my first wheelie tonight! Yeehaw!

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some background. I've been a BMW rider for a while, but had become disgusted with the high cost of BMW's and how they were doing everything they could to ensure that you could not work on the bikes yourself. When thinking about a new bike, my first criteria was "Japanese."

The FZ6's looks initially grabbed me. Before that, I had no idea what an FZ6 was. I'd been thinking of a Katana 750 because I really liked the one I rode.Saw the FZ6. Sexy in red, an undertail exhaust and a good fairing caught my eye.

Then I did some research and found it had enough power and I could put hard bags on it (a must, because I like to do long distance trips).

And it's got what I want. A centerstand. Tubular bars, so you can change them out without spending a fortune. Wide bars and an upright position for good handling. And it was the most comfortable.

The day before I bought mine, the new Suzuki 650 hit the sales floor and I had to rethink. A quick search found that I couldn't get a saddlebag rack for it yet, so that decided me.

The Zook would have been great too, better in some respects. The underbody exhaust is very cool, the mirrors are better than the Fizzer's, and it's also a sexy machine. But it's also a first model year, so there's potential for problems. And there's no accessories for it yet.

I also considered the Versys for about two minutes. The first five seconds I spent looking at the War of the Worlds headlight, and the next minute and fifty-five seconds I spend throwing up. Gods, that is one ugly bike.

The SV650S was another one I looked at, but the riding position was too low and the fairing was designed for that, so raising the bars would have made the fairing useless. Other than that, it's a great bike with an impressively well designed engine.

Fred

P.S. Rode my first wheelie tonight! Yeehaw!

Nice write up...

H

HavBlue

My story goes like this, I was looking at an R1 or R6 in 2004. While shopping I was checking out the cost of insurance. The R1 was simply outrageous and the R6 while better still rubbed me wrong especially when I had been riding 40+ years and had no citations or accidents, a clean record. Then, while at the book store I saw this picture (see attached) and the hunt was on. I ran into a snag when I couldn't find one in the southern California area so I called Yamaha International in Buena Park, California. They said there was one assigned to Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino; these folks are better known for dirt toys. I called over there and they had one on the showroom pedestal. I told the guy to hold the bike for an hour and if I liked it I would give them cash. Got down to the dealer, hoped up on the pedestal, sat on the bike and was sold. I gave them the money and took the bike home the next evening. Since that time it has been a flawless machine. I will however say the writers of the many reviews need to spend more time with the bike because they don't have a clue.....