Why did you buy your Fz6

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I am still on the fence on weather I pick up a Fz6 vs say... a Honda F4I with a banana seat?

What were the motivating factors for you picking up an Fz6 vs any other bike?

thanks!
teslas

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Comfort was the biggest factor for me, i also wanted to keep the performance in mind. I honestly think you would be fairly happy with the F4i with the banana seat seeing as they are still a fairly comfy bike, with a slightly more agressive of a bike. But the cost differential would be significant i would think.

I am also a loyal Yamaha guy for my street bikes.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After having decided on a bike that had a somewhat "standard" riding position and was in the 500 - 750CCs range; I had several bikes to choose from:
1. Suzuki SV650
2. Suzuki GS500F
3. Kawasaki Ninja (500, or 650)
4. Kawasaki Versys
5. Yamaha FZ6

I sat on all the bikes and only the SV650 and FZ6 felt most comfortable. The Versys is not available till 2009 in California, due to emission regulations here. I then looked at the bikes, and considered the price. FZ6 was the clear winner :) I am happy with my purchase just because the bike is awesome!

One word of advice: Select a few bikes that you are interested in, and research them. Then having your favorite three bikes go to a dealer and sit on the bikes. Pick the one that feels best to you.

Last edited:

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I was driving a V-star 1100 and wanted something a little more sporty. I didn't want to lay on the tank, so I looked at bikes that I could sit more up-right on. I was also on a budget, so BMW's and a few other touring bikes were out. Also, I was too short for some of the bikes, like the Suzuki V-Strom or Bandit. After a lot of sitting on bikes and research, I chose the FZ6 and haven't regretted my choice!

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I chose my FZ6 for all of the excellent reasons already quoted above.
The "kicker" for me was the price (I bought an 06 last July, for $2000 of MSRP), the comfort, the looks (it's pretty unique and does stand out in a crowd) and, of course, the performance.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the biggest thing was that I am in love with the style I love the fact that in a city of 150,000 ppl i have only seen two other FZ6.... and then on top of that the bang for your buck...i have no prob running with the R6's and GSXr's for nowhere near the price...

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the comfort, the dash gauges, and the fact that my girl can ride comfortably on the back. The thing that I'm having a hard time to get used to is the fact that it has no fairing for the sides. That and that big handlebar (vs clipons).

Were you guys already into 1/2 faired bikes? or was that something you just got accustomed to?

thanks!
teslas

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the biggest thing was that I am in love with the style I love the fact that in a city of 150,000 ppl i have only seen two other FZ6.... and then on top of that the bang for your buck...i have no prob running with the R6's and GSXr's for nowhere near the price...
Same as mate.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
for the chicks...do i need to say anymore?:rockon::thumbup:

screw the "value" crap, this bike has cost me more than you can imagine....gear, fuel, days off work to ride, tickets.....it all f'n adds up. the "value" is just a dangling carrot to hook you and plunder you into debt and despair....f*ck yamaha and their cheap middle of the road, do it all bike.....:mad::Flip: (but the chicks make it all worth it:Flash:)
Yeah, its a shame you can't afford to take them out lol.

Antonio Bandana

Reaction score
Visit site
For me it came down to a choice between the Versys and the FZ6. I sat on both at my local dealer and found the seat height too high on the Versys so that made the decision. Other factors in favor of the FZ6 were a 4 cylinder engine and the included center stand.

After 600 miles, I'm really enjoying the FZ and it's a considerable step up from my old Ninja 500.

GAH

Reaction score
Visit site
Like most in the forum, I'm also a Yamaha fan having had 2 others. Both of the others were dirt bikes, but I really like the FZ6 for the street, offroad is no longer an option.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
stuffed back,wrists,shoulders,and the rest, i thought a upright seating posi then looking it was a brand new mean looker with nothing else like it, then the grab handles because my new lady wanted to ride with me, ad finally it is japanese, reliability service costs name.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
for the chicks...do i need to say anymore?:rockon::thumbup:

screw the "value" crap, this bike has cost me more than you can imagine....gear, fuel, days off work to ride, tickets.....it all f'n adds up. the "value" is just a dangling carrot to hook you and plunder you into debt and despair....f*ck yamaha and their cheap middle of the road, do it all bike.....:mad::Flip: (but the chicks make it all worth it:Flash:)

that is one of the funniest things i have read for a long time.

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
Center Stand, Under-seat Pipes, & Quality

Like most others, I looked at the Ninja 650R, and the SV650, but the chioce was easy. I owned an '87 Yamaha Radian (600) for years and just loved it, and the FZ6 is the closest thing they make to that bike today.

My favorite features on the FZ6 are the center stand (a MUST for lubricating the chain, oil changes, and other routine maintenance), the looks (with the under-seat pipes and the gorgeous, effective faring), and that wonderful, high-reving, reliable engine.

The FZ6 feels unbelievably solid and tight on the road; it inspires confidence in riding.

One of the other reasons I chose the FZ6 is the lack of side farings. I much prefer the naked engine. It's easier to keep clean and a lot easier to work on (even though I don't expect to have much need to work on it). I never had to do anything to my Radian except change the oil and lube the chain.

Good luck with your decision. I couldn't be happier with mine. :Flash: