Why am I here Poll; Own, once owned, wish to own an FZ6

Where do you fit in this Forum; Own, once owned, wish to own etc FZ6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
Currently own my '04 Fizzer which was bought in 2009 as my first big bike... And she ain't going out anytime soon.

oldschoolsdime92

Reaction score
Visit site
It started out , I was helping wrench on an fz6, wrenching on one turned into test riding it, and now im addicted to it! I don't have an fz6 at the moment, but I do have a triumph sprint!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
The Fz6 was the very first bike I got and I'm very happy with it.
Added to the package is this wonderful forum and excellent community which makes the FZ6 even better :thumbup:

amanlisman

Reaction score
Visit site
Have had it for a year and a half and it still looks great for a design that's almost 10 years old.
The next bike might be the FZ8... or a triumph:eek:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i bought my 06 used in 08, for a very good price, came with givi topcase as well and still had some dealer warranty on it. my first big bike, it has served me well and has survived a crash and two topples. always ran like a clock.

i dont forsee changing it very soon, i might add another bike but never sell the fz (that s the plan at least!)

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I used to have one. An '06 with low miles. In fact, it was my first bike after I had my accident a few years back. However, I got the Buell XB bug and ended up trading it in. Do I regret it? Yes and no. Although great little bikes, the Buell XB series of bikes just wasn't for me in the long run. I think that I probably would have been much happier had I kept the FZ6.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My first bike as well, got her as a hold over too. It will be a year as of the 29th of this month, HAPPY B-DAY Mistress!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I sat on allot of bikes at the stealership's seeking the ONE. Not really liking the twins and the sound they made it pointed me in a new direction as the Yamar's had the snazzzy I4 thing going on. Admirably my first bike was a yama'r. . . but I didn't go in with the mindset of Yamur as Kawa and Honda's were my typical picks for the dirt so I just didn't have a mindset in that direction while looking for a street bike. Then I sat on an FZ and thought - he||, this fits me well! Very WELL! Read, Read Read Read Read.. .. . . Nothing Bad about an FZ6! Everyone loves them!
Over the next couple of weeks lunch time was spent looking and sitting looking and sitting and guess what? Damn FZ6 still fits me best. . .
Time passes. . . .

Found one on craigslist. As I walked through the door of this guys shed I saw and thought, cr@polla, that's a NICE BIKE! Never down, Looks faster than the Red bikes (even in that Raven Black haha!). Obviously not saying anything to the owner; but inside I was beaming!!!!! I fell in love and bought it from the guy the next weekend!

DSC_4065.jpg

That's my story!
1st street bike. . .

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to have one. An '06 with low miles. In fact, it was my first bike after I had my accident a few years back. However, I got the Buell XB bug and ended up trading it in. Do I regret it? Yes and no. Although great little bikes, the Buell XB series of bikes just wasn't for me in the long run. I think that I probably would have been much happier had I kept the FZ6.

I rode a Buell Ulysses XB12ST before I finally decided on the FZ6. It was well-balanced with lots of torque and a comfortable riding position. But I just couldn't handle that lumpy Harley idle.

It was twice the money too, which sealed the decision for me.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
The Fz6 was the very first bike I got and I'm very happy with it.
Added to the package is this wonderful forum and excellent community which makes the FZ6 even better :thumbup:

Hey, that's exactly what I was gonna say!!! :Flash:

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I own an FZ6 because my dh walked into a Honda dealer looking for a bike for me, and the guy was showing him all these old bikes that weren't much of a step up from my Nighthawk 450. When dh said, "Actually, my wife's into crotch rockets," (God bless that man, he knows me well), the dealer showed him my FZ. The previous owner had put 400 km on it and then had a stroke. Not so good for her, of course, but the bike is like brand new, and the price was really good.

I showed up here looking for manuals. It's nice here. I think I'll stay. :)

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
First bike, and first bike to fall in love with. I have been asked if I'd trade it in for something else but it's worth more to me than the money I could get out of it, (or not get because of mods gone wrong :spank:)

I plan on keepin her around even if I do get something else to ride.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am here cause i have owned 2 FZ6's....And this sight is the reason for my "addiction", which is getting better, only got 1 Fizzer now...

:D

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to add that this forum is like a second home to me. I've been a member for a few years now and it's always fun to get on and look at what is going on along with a great place for information.

rudog

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been building a custom v-twin for a few years now. I got impatient to ride and started looking for a good deal...it turned out to be an '06 FZ6 for $200 under trade-in. I love this thing. I put at least 60mi a day on her.

Thanx to all for the community you've established here. I've gotten some insight into the quirks and hidden benefits. "Slow to 7k, then rip the throttle open"...wow...WOW!!! Shaved my seat last week ... what a difference.

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to add that this forum is like a second home to me. I've been a member for a few years now and it's always fun to get on and look at what is going on along with a great place for information.

Traded in me FZ6, I still feel guilty sometimes!! +1 Wh0M3 and Wolfy, whilst I modded to my hearts content this site was always such a gold mine of information and the people that frequent it are some of the nicest on the 'net. Why go elsewhere? :thumbup: