Who likes short shorts? (riding equipment poll)

What do you wear when you ride?

• Total voters

jjjjime

Reaction score
Visit site
In Phoenix, it's 110+ most of the summer. Only gear I wear 100% of the time is helmet and gloves. If im going on a ride somewhere longer than half an hour away, i'll wear a jacket.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Guilty of riding in jeans ...

I wear boots, knee and shin guards, back protector, gloves, jacket and a helmet. Only thing I never wear are riding pants and I know I'll bitterly regret this sooner or later.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Guilty of riding in jeans ...

I wear boots, knee and shin guards, back protector, gloves, jacket and a helmet. Only thing I never wear are riding pants and I know I'll bitterly regret this sooner or later.

Every time you go out?

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't understand how you Arizona people do it. The one time I've been to Phoenix (Summer 2007) I even altered my sleep schedule so I wasn't outside in the middle of the day.

The thing that got me too was the number of people I saw in jackets that I would wear at home if the temp was in the 50s.

I just ordered a new mesh jacket and gloves -- I hope they're sized correctly!

I'm all for being hot instead of cold, but... wow.

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
What i get for not remembering/using the search button eh? lol :ban:

Yea, you can see what people have had to say on a topic years ago, or you can just start a new conversation. I don't know why people object so much to someone talking about something that has been talked about already. :rolleyes:

That search method doesn't always pan out like you like.

:confused:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really quite astounded at the surprise that you all have at those who wear NO gear.

I'm a fan of gear, just got back from a big ride wearing shorts, armored riding pants, shirt, jumper and armored riding jacket, knee high riding boots, a neck protector, armored gloves and a fullface helmet.

Having said that, I never get from A-B without seeing a rider wearing just a helmet, shirt, shorts and sandshoes, and at least once a week will see thongs, a singlet or short shorts. Dumba$$es

Last edited:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really quite astounded at the surprise that you all have at those who wear NO gear.

I'm a fan of gear, just got back from a big ride wearing shorts, armored riding pants, shirt, jumper and armored riding jacket, knee high riding boots, a neck protector, armored gloves and a fullface helmet.

Having said that, I never get from A-B without seeing a rider wearing just a helmet, shirt, shorts and sandshoes, and at least once a week will see thongs, a singlet or short shorts. Dumba$$es

Saw the same kid on the ninja from the OP tonight pullin a wheelie at about 60 in shorts and a tee-shirt with a helmet on with the chin strap not even remotely on...Personally i wear ATGATT just because i've been in plenty of motorcycle accidents from off roading to know that it doesn't feel good and im smart enough to know dirt is softer and more forgiving than pavement :rolleyes:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw the same kid on the ninja from the OP tonight pullin a wheelie at about 60 in shorts and a tee-shirt with a helmet on with the chin strap not even remotely on...Personally i wear ATGATT just because i've been in plenty of motorcycle accidents from off roading to know that it doesn't feel good and im smart enough to know dirt is softer and more forgiving than pavement :rolleyes:

Sounds like a definite case of survival of the fittest/least stupid. Consider it a 'greater power' culling the useless and ignorant among us.

Greenbunch

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeap. I wear all this stuff 100% of the time. I feel naked without it. I don't know why but the lack of riding pants never really bothers me.

Must agree totally, I have been riding since 1975 and believe me I have had my fair share of spills, my wife and I ride all over Europe, and yes it sometimes does get uncomfortable in say south of France, Spain etc during summer, however, I have had my share of gravel rash to the body, geeze ....it hurts like hell, so yep wear the gear 100% of the time. Even if I'm nipping down to the shops. Best wishes all, keep it shiny side up from the Greenbunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Greenbunch

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I pride my self in the fact that I wear a jacket, helmet, gloves, and boots every time I ride. I must confess that I need to buy a good pair of riding pants.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
THis must be for a bet or something like that. I wonder what he got for doing that! :)

I wonder what made the camera guy decide that enabling that level of dumba$$ness was ok? :spank:
(I'm of course assuming that camera guy isn't wearing a similar outfit) :D

On the gear: Yeah - helmet, gloves, armoured jacket, armoured pants and zip up combat boots. For a quick 1-2km shop run I will, on the very odd occassion, not wear the pants. I would like to get some proper riding boots, but having feet the size of other people's thighs, I suffer from a lack of options....

trust me - I'm a doc: ATGATT :rockon:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
ATGATT
eod.jpg

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: :rof:
now THAT's what we like to see! Although you'd probably have to stop and empty out the liters of sweat in either boot every few miles....better to die from dehydration :D

Last edited:

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
most time i wear all gear ... jacket trousers and boots ... but at mo as so hot and more so humid i wearing jacket helmet and combat boots ... ok i wearing normal trousers ( jeans ) and combat boots.
I know i should wear it all all the time but think im going to boil in the bag in the minute :thumbup:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I consider full gear to be jacket, riding pants, boots, and gloves. On every ride I have all the above except I sub out Jeans for riding pants and for this reason I voted I ride full gear some of the time. I'm always wearing gloves and boots with my jacket.