Which Voltmeter?

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Which Voltmeter?--Ordered Kisan CG-25

Considering a voltmeter because my last FZ6 (not the new one!) left me stranded 2 winters ago after using heated gear 3 days in a row. Didn't have a battery tender than, which I use daily now.

Thinking about this one from Kisan but it's kind of pricey:

https://www.kisantech.com/view_product.php?product=CG-25

Anyone know a reliable, less expensive one?

Based on features, my discussion with one of their techs, and reviews on other MC sites and vendors' sites, I ordered the Chargeguard CG-25. I just hope my battery post bolt length will let me install it along with the other two eyelets I have for the heated gear and battery tender. Will report back here once done. Got it from Cruiser Customizing for $134.96.

Last edited:

Caladin

Reaction score
Visit site
I have used a Datel volt meter since 2007. It works perfectly. It is well made and encased in epoxy so you should never have a problem with it. Simple 2 wire hook up to a switched power source. I believe you can get them with a bezel. You don't need the bezel, and it looks better without it (I got one but did not use it)

Here is a really old picture of my bike with the meter installed.
DSCF0266.jpg

You can buy them here.

This meter helped me diagnose a failing electrical electrical system. I was having my battery run down now and then for no reason. It was never dead, but I would notice the voltage on the meter would be very low (around 11 volts) and slowly charging back up. Even though my battery passed a load test and had good voltage, it turned out to be an intermittent short inside of the battery that would cause a sudden rapid drain while riding. Without the meter to show the sudden drain I doubt I would have figured it out as quickly.

Last edited:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Considering a voltmeter because my last FZ6 (not the new one!) left me stranded 2 winters ago after using heated gear 3 days in a row. Didn't have a battery tender than, which I use daily now.

Thinking about this one from Kisan but it's kind of pricey:

https://www.kisantech.com/view_product.php?product=CG-25

Anyone know a reliable, less expensive one?

Here's another one, for $23:
Cyclemax, The place to get discount aftermarket Honda Goldwing Parts and Accessories!! - Mini LED Digital Voltmeter

I have one, have hooked it up to batteries and it looks fine, but not mounted to my bike yet.

Last edited: