Completed my Chargeguard CG-25 Voltmeter/Ammeter Install

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Pics Added---Completed my Chargeguard CG-25 Voltmeter/Ammeter Install

Just finished up late for me, so I'll add pics later. I'm happy with my Kisan Technologies "Pathfinder" headlight modulator and "Tailblazer" brake light modulator, so I ordered their CG-25 voltmeter/ammeter. It comes with an ambient temp sensor as a bonus. Paid $134.96 at Cruiser Customizing.

Install was easy with only time consuming part being routing the wires and dealing with the 3 feet of excess wire for the temp sensor and wire to the battery. 6000 zip ties is the estimate....:cool: I mounted the display on the handlebar just inside the left grip. I routed the wire to the battery through the hole in the frame where the left side wires enter the frame. I ran the temp sensor wire down alongside the horn wire and bundled the excess wire just above and behind the horn on the horn bracket. I mounted the temp sensor just beside the horn on the same bracket.

The temp sensor reads exactly the same in my garage as my thermometer/weather station from Brookstone--very accurate IMO.

The unit comes on upon sensing change in voltage, and shuts off to standby after a few seconds of no change. Per "Andy", Kisan's very patient (with me) and knowledgable sounding tech dude, the unit draws 5 microamps while in standby so it would take 5 years to deplete the battery to affect starting.

With the bike not running it displays 12.6-12.7 volts, and 0 amps. With the bike idling, 13.6 volts and 0 amps. Revving to 4K turns volts up slightly. I've not tried hooking up my Gerbings gloves and jacket liner yet but will tomorrow. Hooking up my battery tender does not make the unit come on, but when I press the button it shows 13.1 volts and 0 amps continually. I also noticed when the headlight modulator is pulsing, the volts change a couple tenths continually, which doesn't happen with the lights on low beam and not modulating. The button toggles between volts, amps, fahrenheit and celsius.

The only thing I was dreading about the install was adding a third eyelet to each battery post and the difficulty I've had in the past getting the bolts to thread. But thanks to this forum, I just cut some little squares out of some foam rubber and shimmed the battery post nuts up a few mm. Then there was no problem. It's not that the bolt are too short--they just can't reach the nuts sitting on the bottom of the channel with several eyelets of additional space taken up on top.

Seems like a good product. Will post some more observations and some pics later....

https://www.kisantech.com/view_product.php?product=CG-25

Some Pics:
2c6afde8.jpg

ead0dc3f.jpg

4a86b589.jpg

ac06f7d4.jpg

And Location of temp sensor and excess sensor wire--above horn bracket:
b0abd3c5.jpg

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like something I'd like to have. especially having a way to monitor current!