Which mesh overpants?

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife's been asking me what I want for Father's Day. It took me a while to remember that I've been wanting some riding pants.

I wear Nomex coveralls to work. In the summer, I wear gym shorts underneath when I drive the car, but jeans when I ride. I think I need more protection, and I've been thinking of some mesh pants to go over the Nomex.

The Fieldsheer Titanium Air 4.0 Mesh Pants might be one possibility. What have you people used?

Thanks!

Dave

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion Deuce Pants are what I use. They have mesh panels throughout and flow a ton of air on the hot days. Also come with a wind/rain proof liner and CE knee and hip armor. They do fit a little baggy as they are meant to be worn as overpants, but on the real hot days I just wear them over boxers and deal with the bagginess. Losing some weight and going with a smaller size could help as well...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar if you want the very best. They are custom made to your size. Heck, have your wife combine the gift with your birthday, Christmas, and Anniversary, she wouldn't have to worry about getting you anything for the rest of the year.

I'm still wearing mine and I have worn it everyday for almost five years now. Chances are If I had anything else, I would have probably gone through several sets of riding pants. The upfront cost is high, but for the amount of protection you are getting and the longevity of the pants, you're going to be much better off in the long run.

Last edited:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been pleased with the Olympia pants, after getting over the price:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005FUQVZI"]Olympia Airglide 3 Mesh Tech Over Pants - 30/Black:Amazon:Automotive[/ame]

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Motoports seems good. I don't have the mesh version.
Klim Mojave seem nice, but you have to put your own armor underneath. It's more for offroad, but it does have cordura.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar if you want the very best. They are custom made to your size. Heck, have your wife combine the gift with your birthday, Christmas, and Anniversary, she wouldn't have to worry about getting you anything for the rest of the year.

I'm still wearing mine and I have worn it everyday for almost five years now. Chances are If I had anything else, I would have probably gone through several sets of riding pants. The upfront cost is high, but for the amount of protection you are getting and the longevity of the pants, you're going to be much better off in the long run.

+1 on Motoport and you can get the over pant which you can wear over any of your work cloths and they are easy to get in and out of. They are pricy but worth every penny in the long run because they offer many more times the abrasion resistance of leather yet really breath well and you can just toss em in the washer and drip dry and you're ready to go. :D

Last edited:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on this. I also wear these and they have been great for airflow in Houston summers.

+1 Airglide Jacket and Pants for me.

Remember when riding in hot weather that the "wind chill" curve inverts after about 93 degrees F. What that means is that below 93 the faster you go the colder it feels, but above 93 the faster you go the HOTTER it feels.

Check out this article about what to wear when it really gets hot, which in Houston is about 3 weeks ago !!.

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, everyone, for your responses.

I probably won't get a real expensive pair until I decide that I like this style of gear. I need to do some research on the Airglide and Scorpion Deauce overpants.

Thanks again!

Dave