Which is the best Sport - Touring Tyre right now?

Which Tyre is the best Sports/Touring Tyre for an FZ6?

• Pirelli Angel ST

Votes: 34 10.4%
  • Pirelli Diaclo Rosso

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 2CT

Votes: 106 32.5%
  • Bridgestone BT-023

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • Bridgestone BT-016

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Bridgestone BT-021

Votes: 21 6.4%
  • Conti Road Attack 2

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Avon Storm 2 Ultra

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • Metzeler Roadtec Z6

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Dunlop Sportsmax Roadsmart

Votes: 34 10.4%
  • Shinko Raven

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Michelin Pilot road 3

Votes: 45 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pt1979

Reaction score
Visit site
What you guys think of the Pirelli Diablo Strada?
I'm changing my Roadsmarts (+ 10000km) to Strada's, got a set of these for a bargain. :D
Already heard that it's one hell of a good tire! :thumbup:

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
What you guys think of the Pirelli Diablo Strada?
I'm changing my Roadsmarts (+ 10000km) to Strada's, got a set of these for a bargain. :D
Already heard that it's one hell of a good tire! :thumbup:

Those pirellis are awesome, way better than the roadsmarts

I've had both and the roadsmarts being good my vote is for the diablos.

You won't go wrong with them.

:rockon:

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
saw a set of michy pilot road 2's today at uni, done 30,000 km on a Canadian's gpz 750. He was over 40 and mostly does touring commuting. yeah no pic as my mobile wasn't on me, but he may be there over the next week.
Yeah michys for me next, 30,000, crikey if i got 20,000 km I would be stoked. adios Bridigestone

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
saw a set of michy pilot road 2's today at uni, done 30,000 km on a Canadian's gpz 750. He was over 40 and mostly does touring commuting. yeah no pic as my mobile wasn't on me, but he may be there over the next week.
Yeah michys for me next, 30,000, crikey if i got 20,000 km I would be stoked. adios Bridigestone

The Michelin Pilot Road 2's are an awesome tyre, and i have managed 10000km's on a set...in fact, could of probably got another 2000 - 3000 more km's out of the front...

:thumbup:

pt1979

Reaction score
Visit site
Those pirellis are awesome, way better than the roadsmarts

I've had both and the roadsmarts being good my vote is for the diablos.

You won't go wrong with them.

:rockon:

Thanks for the info man.
Well, put on about 70km yesterday on the Strada's, very careful driving, just getting used to the Pirelli's.
But managed to show an annoying dude in a BMW who's the fast one. Very nice. :rockon: :D

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
I just mounted a set of ContiMotions. My wife runs the ContiAttacks on her Monster, with satisfactory results, so I thought I might give these guys a run. I bought them for $155.99, shippped, from Dirt Bike Parts & Motocross Gear | MotoSport

I'm heading to Deals Gap next week. I'll give a report... if I remember to.

Ok... I put about 1300 miles (yankee measure) on the FZ this past weekend. I rode some freeway, mostly two-laners, and almost a full day in the wet stuff. These are nice tires for the money. I only had a few slips at Deals Gap, but that was in the rain when I crossed over some wet leaves, here and there. I'll be keeping an eye on the wear, but so far... so good. The profile allows for easy tip in, and they are very stable upright or on the lean. The edges of the tread grooves are curling up a bit, but my Pilots used to do that. I think it's because I'm wicked fast, yo!! LoL... ok, maybe not. :D

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
I am due to buy my first tyre next month...first bike :thumbup:

After reading this poll have been looking around for a Michelin Pilot Road 2CT rear...but all I have found is Michelin Pilot POWER 2CT, or Michelin Pilot Road with a 2, 2A etc tagged at the end...but no 2CT :don'tknow:

HELP!!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is defo a I'll vote for what I have got thread lol.

Anyway, I haven't ridden my bike properly for 6 weeks :shakehead::thumbdown:.
I got it out today and realised that I had fallen out of love with riding. I was just checking the bike over to get ready for the winter.

I had a set of really shabby looking BT021's on it. I only got 4500 km out of the set. I regularly check pressures so this was not the cause. I commute on quiet fast roads (140 - 190kph). The tarmac where I live is just brutal. Its very coarse and abrasive. I went to get some new rubber and the only choice I had was the 021's again (which are poor in the wet and it rains lots here) or the new Avon St Ultra II. So I got the ultras.
Bingo back in love with riding again, how sweet is new rubber. I scrubbed them in with 100km of straight and twisty riding. I am quite impressed with the turn in and front end feel that was lacking from the 021's. It's far to early to really compare the two so I will keep you posted.

Finally, if you want to fall in love again change your rubber(s):spank::BLAA:.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well another thing I learned today about the Storm Ultras.
They warm up much quicker than the BT021's. It rained like a good un today. The tyres were warm to touch after my 26 km commute
Two things I learned,
I have ridden now for 20 years. A wet road offers better grip than a damp greasy road.The first ride in twenty years where I just decided to relax and trust the tyres in the wet. Instead of riding like a rigid corpse.
The storms rock in the wet, loads of feel and grip. I have to admit that I road home in the rain like a twat (because it was such fun). I am going to a closed car park tomorrow to see how much grip I can get in the wet.

Cheers
Nelly:thumbup:

niko_fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
BT 021's is a pretty decent tyre for me. This is the 3rd set I am putting on and I have no complaints from the tyres.
My second set lasted for about 8500 miles.

I ride all year around except when its snowing an I find the tyres very reliable on the wet as well. The front my take a bit to get used to but overall very good tyres.
Everything has to do with your riding style, my first pair only lasted me for 4500 miles but I suppose I was driving like a twat.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've just mounted some BT-023's and I'm very impressed. I'm coming from Roadsmarts, which I like as well. The BT-023's are lighter and tip in quicker. :thumbup:

Slider101

Reaction score
Visit site
I have put some hard miles on the stock bridgestones that came on the 05 FZ6 I had, then switched to the pilot road 2 ct for several hundred miles before selling it and buying the 07 FZ6 I have now. The 07 came with the dunlop sportmax on it. My views on these 3 sets of tires are strictly of their turn in ability (how quickly and easily the bike wants to lean into a corner) and their grip. The bridgestones and dunlops are very similar on grip and turn in ability, I would give the bridgestones a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best. I would give the dunlops a 6 and the michelins get a 9. The michelins are so good I am seriously thinking about replacing the dunlop sportmax that are on this 07 even though it only has 2100 miles on the bike and the tires still look good.