Which gas cap should I choose?

Which gas cap would you put against the pearl white?

• Black

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Silver

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.harpersbakery.net
I'm shopping for a gas cap and want the forum's opinion which would look better in your opinion on my pearl white tank. BLACK OR SILVER?

CCHOUSEKY's Black cap
photo6-1.jpg

Lefty's Silver cap
27037d1272068828-aftermarket-gas-cap-pics-fz6overhead.jpg

Here's a recent pic of the bike without the puig smoke screen on

DSCN0476.jpg

I think that with your current color scheme (Silver forks, triple, etc..) I would chose Silver. If you were pondering changing these components to black, then I would say black.

I think that with your current color scheme (Silver forks, triple, etc..) I would chose Silver. If you were pondering changing these components to black, then I would say black.

I'm in agreement. I like it the way it is now, matches the other components. Maybe black if you put a black stripe up the center of your tank.

debated on putting a blue stripe down it because there is a blue tint in the pearl, don't think I'll go through the efforts of swapping out the forks. The windscreen is a darker smoke. I feel like the silver would blend in more and the black would pop, would like either really. Also considering either doing a custom seat similar to the 2 tone they got in Australia or buy a seat cover and add some custom embroidery to it before installing it.

y04fz6-team-F1p.jpg

y04fz6-team-F5.jpg

I would go with silver too to match other parts. Looking forward to seeing the bike with new seat cover in place!

I don't like the silver. To me in the pic it looks more like Chrome. I think the Stock colored cap would have looked nice. If it wasn't for the gray seat I would have said Black and have your handle bars painted this winter to match.

LOL!! The poll shows we are just as confused as you are on this decision :confused: I think they both look good but would probably go silver to balance out the black/silver theme you've got goin' on...

Last edited:
I personally like the silver and white scheme, it looks very clean and sharp to me. Hey, and thanks for posting the pic of my bike! :thumbup: :D

Not tied up anymore!! I'd go with the black. I love a black and white color scheme. Everything pops so great like that. It almost makes your eyes have a seizure not knowing which piece to look at.

Back